Total Members
    Most Online
    joxey
    Newest Member
    joxey
How many people can't wait for spring?

OKpowdah

91 members have voted

1. 1. Spring / hopelessly attached to snow?

• Bring on the sun and 50's; frisbees and hacky sacks; hey, maybe even a few thunderstorms!
    • I will hunch over my computer trying to spin a storm modeled at day 10 into a likely blizzard until April 15th

• Replies 111
  • Created
  • Last Reply

sarcasm?

i hope

how many peolpe want more snow but are so angered by the lack of it and are so mad at winter that they cry out loud they want spring when we all know it's a lie

It's not that we dont want snow. But we don't want to waste so much time for nothing. Time passes us by and there are alot of things in life that are getting blunted due to snow obsession. I've actually been successful at having so much work that snow would have been tough. But I miss it dammit!

Given our "spring" is a few scattered days in the 60s with tons of 44F and drizzle mixed in with 38F and drizzle...I'll take any threat of snow over that.

I'd take anything over the New England plague that is the days of April. Warm or cold. Not every year is it drab...no. In fact, I recall April 2001 was remarkably warm, as was April 2009. Those months really were epic in terms of positive departures and down right summery at times. In fact, I remember one afternoon playing Tennis in low 90s heat in April 2001, in Waltham. The wind suddenly turned NE, with the trees swaying and flags pointing... I thought, now it comes, get ready to cool it way back... But amazingly, it went back to the 70s - still above normal. It was either absurdly warm, or above normal that month.

However, we all know that over the long haul April is an abysmal romp through endless NE puke drain off the Labradore current... if not back dooring, stagnant air masses that seem to persist under inversions, while synoptic changes can even roll out over the top but fail to scour out the plague. It's not just April, either. May can sometimes be inCREdibly ugly, too. I have seen the first 2 week of June get gobbled up for that matter. Worst spring ever in my life was that of 2005. I started in the first week of May and did not relent until the first week of June. I low cut-off on the Del Marva, and no sooner did it appear at least as though it wanted to fill and lift out, the N stream would cut into the GL and dump a refit S/W that would dig into the backside, retrograde it, deepen it for whole 'nother week's worth of the most disgusting deplorable filth sufferable. It was worse as an experience then the whole of this winter's abandonment in my opinion. 10 days straight at one time of 44-49F for highs, and lows, in an isothermal gale with sheets of drizzle and rain. If the weather gods had a contactable entity we would have brawled for that crime against humanity - haha.

I think we could best both this years winter, and that year's spring, if that year's spring happened this year. Imagine that? After being completely butt banged out of a winter, only to get violently Pulp Fictioned by a 2005 redux. I'm sure at some point across a few million years of eastern N/A climate that has happened before.

Eh well... watch us get a 50" March. lol

I'd take anything over the New England plague that is the days of April. Warm or cold. Not every year is it drab...no. In fact, I recall April 2001 was remarkably warm, as was April 2009. Those months really were epic in terms of positive departures and down right summery at times. In fact, I remember one afternoon playing Tennis in low 90s heat in April 2001, in Waltham. The wind suddenly turned NE, with the trees swaying and flags pointing... I thought, now it comes, get ready to cool it way back... But amazingly, it went back to the 70s - still above normal. It was either absurdly warm, or above normal that month.

However, we all know that over the long haul April is an abysmal romp through endless NE puke drain off the Labradore current... if not back dooring, stagnant air masses that seem to persist under inversions, while synoptic changes can even roll out over the top but fail to scour out the plague. It's not just April, either. May can sometimes be inCREdibly ugly, too. I have seen the first 2 week of June get gobbled up for that matter. Worst spring ever in my life was that of 2005. I started in the first week of May and did not relent until the first week of June. I low cut-off on the Del Marva, and no sooner did it appear at least as though it wanted to fill and lift out, the N stream would cut into the GL and dump a refit S/W that would dig into the backside, retrograde it, deepen it for whole 'nother week's worth of the most disgusting deplorable filth sufferable. It was worse as an experience then the whole of this winter's abandonment in my opinion. 10 days straight at one time of 44-49F for highs, and lows, in an isothermal gale with sheets of drizzle and rain. If the weather gods had a contactable entity we would have brawled for that crime against humanity - haha.

I think we could best both this years winter, and that year's spring, if that year's spring happened this year. Imagine that? After being completely butt banged out of a winter, only to get violently Pulp Fictioned by a 2005 redux. I'm sure at some point across a few million years of eastern N/A climate that has happened before.

Eh well... watch us get a 50" March. lol

:lol: one of my more favorite Tip rants. well done.

may '05 was brutal. but - in all honesty - i think i would take it this spring to get some interesting weather going. those were two nasty coastals. i think ACK gusted >60mph in one of them. and we had like 6" of rain that month.

may '05 was brutal. but - in all honesty - i think i would take it this spring to get some interesting weather going. those were two nasty coastals. i think ACK gusted >60mph in one of them. and we had like 6" of rain that month.

In a sick way, I enjoyed that May coastal. I was right there at the beach with part of the sea wall collapsing.

haha, yeah...well, that's about as close to a melt down as you'll ever get out of me. So nervy am I about the very prospect of Spring that a quasi melting down is a pre-emptive piss-off.

In a sick way, I enjoyed that May coastal. I was right there at the beach with part of the sea wall collapsing.

Yeah, that's true - it definitely depends on what was going on around one's immediate surrounding to offer a kind of pay-back entertainment. That is one thing I miss about Rockport, Mass, where I lived in the mid 1980s. The insane power of the north Atlantic. Snow was harder to come by at the coast; even during colder profiled events. The wind turned east - you rained sticking 10 miles out into the ocean such that Cape Ann does. But you could get lost for hours in awe at the tempestuous seas; the way the resculpted the beaches and tore into seawalls. We had a couple good Noreasters that year I lived there, and after one of them, there were big boulders up on the road above the seawall. The waves could do that.

But ... in 2005, in Acton Mass - there was nothing be slate gray, tree swaying sheets of schit - period.

Yeah, that's true - it definitely depends on what was going on around one's immediate surrounding to offer a kind of pay-back entertainment. That is one thing I miss about Rockport, Mass, where I lived in the mid 1980s. The insane power of the north Atlantic. Snow was harder to come by at the coast; even during colder profiled events. The wind turned east - you rained sticking 10 miles out into the ocean such that Cape Ann does. But you could get lost for hours in awe at the tempestuous seas; the way the resculpted the beaches and tore into seawalls. We had a couple good Noreasters that year I lived there, and after one of them, there were big boulders up on the road above the seawall. The waves could do that.

But ... in 2005, in Acton Mass - there was nothing be slate gray, tree swaying sheets of schit - period.

LOL, sheets of schit.

My ex girlfriend lived on the beach in Green Harbor. Part of the seawall collapsed a hundred yards away. When the waves hit the wall...the house would shake. I was having some beers with her step Dad who was a big weenie actually, and every wave shook our beer glass....like that seen on Jurassic Park with the water shaking in the glass as T-Rex approached.

:lol: :lol:

bump

anyone switching sides?

Nope...I'm a winter lover plain and simple. I hate summer and spring is a harbinger of that coming. I'll just deal with what we have...not what I'd want, but it's what I have. I'll tell you though, getting ready for and working this maple season has been so much easier than last year. Temps have been good the past couple of weeks too. I hope it's a long season and temps don't warm up too much in March.

Anyone else rooting for a bookend's type winter? Oct/May?

So is this winter. Right now 45 and drizzle is more interesting, than this.

Nah, I've picked up a couple inches of snow this week and a few more appear likely to fall this evening. There are decent ski conditions from here north. Why anyone would want dreary spring weather is beyond me.

It's been spring since Dec 1, so I choose the former.

This was/is not Winter, what we've had since than.

2 storms produced ~75% of the snow I've seen(12.3") this year and both occurred in late Jan.

LOL we have the same total for MET winter (10.3")...crazy. The only reason I have 20" for the year is because of OCT.

Golf courses have been open all winter in most of SNE except for that week in Jan when it snowed. Lol..Worst winter of all our lives..Noone can deny that now..Even Will has to admit it at some point

Open all winter and migrating seabirds are back already. Herrons etc are already here.

Fleas are already active on the Cape. If you have pets, make sure you hit them up with the advantix etc.

This year really is remarkable. Barring something changing to Tips suicide pattern I agree we'll see trees in bloom in early April.

Archived