Total Members
    Most Online
    joxey
    Newest Member
    joxey
How many people can't wait for spring?

OKpowdah

91 members have voted

1. 1. Spring / hopelessly attached to snow?

• Bring on the sun and 50's; frisbees and hacky sacks; hey, maybe even a few thunderstorms!
    • I will hunch over my computer trying to spin a storm modeled at day 10 into a likely blizzard until April 15th

At this point in the season, with no snow on the ground and barely any frost, I would like it to stay like this into spring. I love snow, but walking through waste deep snow last year got old fast!

By this time last winter we had been torching into the 50's ..and the snowpack was taking a huge hit. Winter was over this time last year except for 1 or 2 minor snowfalls

• Replies 111
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I don't think so..I think we only had 2 more light snowfalls after this date..and if you look back at records..the past 5-7 period lst year really torched during the day

You had a couple of light snows near the end of the month, then maybe 3-4" on the 27th. You then had a 2-3" storm in March I believe with an April deal. We also had the storm in the beginning of the month. March last year did avg near to below normal as far as temps go.

I had about 34" after this date last year with roughly half of that occurring in the last week of Feb. The big one was that wet snow bomb on 2/25 where I had 11.6"...I think SNE had mostly rain from that event although near the VT/NH border in MA may have fared better.

Yeah 1" on the tail end. We had 5.5" on the 27th, so that was a nice way to end the month.

You had a couple of light snows near the end of the month, then maybe 3-4" on the 27th. You then had a 2-3" storm in March I believe with an April deal. We also had the storm in the beginning of the month. March last year did avg near to below normal as far as temps go.

Def no April events last year..There was one 2 inch snowfall on the first day of Spring that Ryan came to my house and filmed..Our entir snowpack was wiped out by then..even my snowbanks were gone..

I don'T recall that if it did

LOL what? How can you forget? This was the one Ray was claiming he would either get 10-15" or nothing, because the storm would have to fit with the general theme of the winter. LOL, we got 4" here but it took forever to stick on the streets and only about 1.5" stuck to the pavement. 7:15am 4/1/11:

IMG_1315.jpg

LOL what? How can you forget? This was the one Ray was claiming he would either get 10-15" or nothing, because the storm would have to fit with the general theme of the winter. LOL, we got 4" here but it took forever to stick on the streets and only about 1.5" stuck to the pavement. 7:15am 4/1/11:

IMG_1315.jpg

Hmm..maybe that was the one Ryan was at my house filming for. It was onewhere it stuck in the hills but not the valley.

I just don't remember that one for some reason. That picture shows well how even the snowbanks were obliterated in march last year

Hmm..maybe that was the one Ryan was at my house filming for. It was onewhere it stuck in the hills but not the valley.

I just don't remember that one for some reason. That picture shows well how even the snowbanks were obliterated in march last year

No I remember him filming for the 3/21 one...that one gave the hills like 2" and I had a slushy 1" on the grass. There was also a 3/23 one I believe that was supposed to be 2-5" and we got like a coating or something.

The 4/1 one favored N and W areas more then elevation I think...although elevation helped. Will had like 6-7" and Dave had 8" but most low elevation areas had 2-4".

No I remember him filming for the 3/21 one...that one gave the hills like 2" and I had a slushy 1" on the grass. There was also a 3/23 one I believe that was supposed to be 2-5" and we got like a coating or something.

The 4/1 one favored N and W areas more then elevation I think...although elevation helped. Will had like 6-7" and Dave had 8" but most low elevation areas had 2-4".

Yeah I think Kevin was in the March 21st storm. First day of Spring.

Archived