• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    wigl5l6k
    Newest Member
    wigl5l6k
The Feb 10-12 storm threat, real or imagined?

Ginx snewx

Seems like the GFS is caving to the EURO with the handling and location of the PV, therefore sharpening the trough allowing more energy to scoot around the base of it and not so far OTS. Seems like the opposite IMO.

Yes...my original premise was poor. Should be interesting to see if the Euro holds or compromises which would be bad for all of us.

• Replies 1.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Folks, it is all relative to your backyard. I would not claim victory either way at all right now. The euro was 50 miles way from a whiff. People will say the euro caved because it took snow away from their backyard, when in fact both models may have trended towards each other. You have to look at it objectively.

Folks, it is all relative to your backyard. I would not claim victory either way at all right now. The euro was 50 miles way from a whiff. People will say the euro caved because it took snow away from their backyard, when in fact both models may have trended towards each other. You have to look at it objectively.

yeah that's just what i was saying above. kind of has that look. hopefully it's weighted more euro. LOL.

Yes...my original premise was poor. Should be interesting to see if the Euro holds or compromises which would be bad for all of us.

I agree that if the Euro, even subtly, shifts toward the GFS, most bets are off for the weekend. But, with that said, most foreign models have the PV further SW and the trough sharper, even though everything still stays SE of the region.

If the Euro continues its NW jog, the watch out. Other models will follow. It'll be interesting to watch.

Yeah, I was looking at it in terms of the PV, not the surface. And yeah its 0z data vs 12z data so.... :whistle:

I wonder if ray will step down from the chair if the euro comes nw.

Honestly, and god help me for saying this, his position on the 'chair' is sort of not totally far fetched lol It's been a shtty winter and its getting to the point where sun angle and climo says that snow lasts for 1-2 days then its gone. To me, thats not winter.

yeah it's literally in and out of here in a matter of hours.

that's some serious cold though. it intensifies the little clipper over the GOM so the NW jet rips for a few hours on the backside too so it would probably be accompanied by nasty wind chills.

Man, what a miserable sequence of events. :lol:

The weak little clipper skirts to the s, then blows up once it gets by you and flips ya the "NW Chill Byrd" lol

I agree that if the Euro, even subtly, shifts toward the GFS, most bets are off for the weekend. But, with that said, most foreign models have the PV further SW and the trough sharper, even though everything still stays SE of the region.

If the Euro continues its NW jog, the watch out. Other models will follow. It'll be interesting to watch.

You ready for some snow squalls this weekend? This looks pretty good for a couple rounds of 1-4" accumulations in very short periods of time. First one Friday night/Saturday morning, then again Sunday morning. I could easily see 3-6" total from both fronts, with localized 8-10" amounts over the high peaks of the Spine. Total arctic fluff and blowing and drifting.

looking a bit more closely you do get the sense that models may be underestimating precip on the northern side of tonight's low. in a relatively cold, saturated column it doesn't take much lift to produce some snows. there is some very weak forcing so maybe the precip shield extends a bit more north than shown...or maybe we end up with a big shield of virga.

looking a bit more closely you do get the sense that models may be underestimating precip on the northern side of tonight's low. in a relatively cold, saturated column it doesn't take much lift to produce some snows. there is some very weak forcing so maybe the precip shield extends a bit more north than shown...or maybe we end up with a big shield of virga.

Do you determine Column saturation by looking at rh fields?

Archived