• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    bowsunski
    Newest Member
    bowsunski
The Feb 10-12 storm threat, real or imagined?

Ginx snewx

• Replies 1.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

:lol: i don't approach things that way. like i said yesterday, i'll welcome any winter storm that wants to come this way.

at some point in the not-too-distant future i'll start looking forward to spring weather because that's just how my internal clock works...but i'm not there yet.

i don't pretend. it's stupid.

hmmm I read a post of yours yesterday or the day before in the banter thread that said you were close, certainly some frustration in it. Anyways, nothing says winter, and pattern change like bdl at +9.8 and orh at +8.1 so far this month. Looks like we will see 2-3 days of below normal weather, perhaps only two, sun and mon, before we are right back into the fire. THe pattern changed, just did not produce.

Rapidly gaining daylight, which is nice.

I think if we see this crap a month from now, I'll be there too. It's Feb 8th, to hope for Spring wx around the corner is beyond failure.

Scott, its been early spring almost the entire winter, where have you been, seriously? 40s and 50s almost daily, its been awesome, and its dry, early april all winter.

I think if we see this crap a month from now, I'll be there too. It's Feb 8th, to hope for Spring wx around the corner is beyond failure.

yeah the only thing i really can't take much more of is quiet weather. the lack of snow/cold is frustrating but even more so i don't get any enjoyment out of dry and mild. i don't care how many of these :sun: :sun: :sun: :sun: people want to post, if you like the weather...there is very little that is meteorologically entertaining about this pattern.

hmmm I read a post of yours yesterday or the day before in the banter thread that said you were close, certainly some frustration in it. Anyways, nothing says winter, and pattern change like bdl at +9.8 and orh at +8.1 so far this month. Looks like we will see 2-3 days of below normal weather, perhaps only two, sun and mon, before we are right back into the fire. THe pattern changed, just did not produce.

Rapidly gaining daylight, which is nice.

yeah...that's what i just said. LOL.

yeah the only thing i really can't take much more of is quiet weather. the lack of snow/cold is frustrating but even more so i don't get any enjoyment out of dry and mild. i don't care how many of these :sun: :sun: :sun: :sun: people want to post, if you like the weather...there is very little that is meteorologically entertaining about this pattern.

45 -50 and sunny doesn't do it for me. Maybe 50 degrees causes some movement in the jeans of a certain poster in SW CT, but it's useless wx.

Yeah, that will be his daughter, next week. Sledding on top of the 15 yards of mulch he's getting ready to spread.

With your beloved GFS about to fail flat on its face again for the umpteenth time this winter..I can understand why you're trying to bring down everyones enthusiasm for the snow this weekend. But for me..I'm really looking forward to a couple inches of powder

45 -50 and sunny doesn't do it for me. Maybe 50 degrees causes some movement in the jeans of a certain poster in SW CT, but it's useless wx.

i pretty much like the seasons when they fit the calendar. i'll be fine with sunny and 40s/50s when climo says it's time for that.

i don't pretend to enjoy it in jan and feb. it doesn't ruin my life and i don't have to declare "winter cancelled" but i'd prefer cold/snow. that's the way i am.

i'll even take arctic cold and dry as it at least adds an element of uncertainty and abnormality to the weather.

but a day that comes in +7 in early february with partly sunny skies...meh. that's about as boring as it can possibly be.

With your beloved GFS about to fail flat on its face again for the umpteenth time this winter..I can understand why you're trying to bring down everyones enthusiasm for the snow this weekend. But for me..I'm really looking forward to a couple inches of powder

It's a joke. Nice try.

It's in the low 20s right now. It will be near 0 Monday morning. Sure seems like April.

Yes it does seem like april, especially with a departure of +9.8 at bdl, or +8.1 at orh. Sure, pick a couple days that fit into how you paint this winter, the numbers speak for themselves. There have been countless spring like days, and without mud.

So, we have a couple days of winter, then its right back into the fire, so whats your point???????

i pretty much like the seasons when they fit the calendar. i'll be fine with sunny and 40s/50s when climo says it's time for that.

i don't pretend to enjoy it in jan and feb. it doesn't ruin my life and i don't have to declare "winter cancelled" but i'd prefer cold/snow. that's the way i am.

i'll even take arctic cold and dry as it at least adds an element of uncertainty and abnormality to the weather.

but a day that comes in +7 in early february with partly sunny skies...meh. that's about as boring as it can possibly be.

Different strokes for different folks. Some stroke to 50 in Feb, that's fine. But I agree, the one legacy that this winter has going for it, is boredom. Even the cold and dry is kind of cool for the reasons you stated. I enjoy a good cold snap.

Yes it does seem like april, especially with a departure of +9.8 at bdl, or +8.1 at orh. Sure, pick a couple days that fit into how you paint this winter, the numbers speak for themselves. There have been countless spring like days, and without mud.

So, we have a couple days of winter, then its right back into the fire, so whats your point???????

The point is, some days in the 40s and then 20s....up and down doesn't qualify as April wx. April temps are in the 50s on avg. We are far from that.

every single winter that blows we hear about how the spring is going to suck too.........really, why? No mud this season, its been an oven, and looks to continue to be one after a brief cold shot. Love how the spring gloom and doomers come out, its hysterical and right on point.

This winter sucked, and it broke our hearts...............life goes on.

21 days until spring and it cant get here fast enough.

every single winter that blows we hear about how the spring is going to suck too.........really, why? No mud this season, its been an oven, and looks to continue to be one after a brief cold shot. Love how the spring gloom and doomers come out, its hysterical and right on point.

This winter sucked, and it broke our hearts...............life goes on.

21 days until spring and it cant get here fast enough.

Nobody said that. But up here, Spring is the worst season.

I know you hate the cold, but 45-50 is one of the useless temp ranges, unless you want the inside of your car warm. That's just me..lol. It's not until temps are 60 or better where I feel it's more conducive for outside stuff.

Depends. I get excited when I can forecast 45-50 on Jan 15. Naso much on March 15. I'll butt out now, because I know I am a weirdo compared to the rest of the board.

The point is, some days in the 40s and then 20s....up and down doesn't qualify as April wx. April temps are in the 50s on avg. We are far from that.

Scott, we have had many many many days in the 50s, and a few in the 60s this winter on the cp, whatever man. Snow is my love, but if its not going to snow be warm, days like today are USELESS, in my opinion, nothing to do with the "cold"

We obviously enjoy different things and thats ok, if its not going to snow or have snow on the ground I would prefer it to be warm, you would prefer it cold even if there is no snow falling or on the ground, and thats fine.

Scott, we have had many many many days in the 50s, and a few in the 60s this winter on the cp, whatever man. Snow is my love, but if its not going to snow be warm, days like today are USELESS, in my opinion, nothing to do with the "cold"

We obviously enjoy different things and thats ok, if its not going to snow or have snow on the ground I would prefer it to be warm, you would prefer it cold even if there is no snow falling or on the ground, and thats fine.

Any pics of your garden?

Archived