joxey
    Newest Member
    joxey
Central PA Winter 11-12 cont'd

MAG5035

• Replies 1.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Yeah, really it looks like the heavier squalls are breaking up as they cross the Susquehanna. Per CTP radar, unless the line is getting out of it's range, the area of 20+dbz echos are disintegrating rather rapidly.

sorry Voyager....I must concur with that.

This is an event featuring low-topped clouds/precip so it's probably a combo of the ban moving out of CCX's range and gradual weakening. Still should feature a good ~5min snow burst.

I can't remember a more desperate season. 26-years-old and I can't remember any season, Winter, Summer, Spring or Fall that were this off-kilter.

2001-2002.....horrible trolling. You think the models trolled now? From December right through mid-March, perfect patterns with storms and cold air would be shown, sometimes with 3-4 days. Half of them would end nothing like what was modeled, but even more insidious - the other half would indeed verify with the perfect pattern, and no cold air.

I've never seen a deep trough produce around 40 for highs, but that year did. It was like giving a starving dog a rubber bone. We did get one big storm up here, but south of here it was mainly rain.

Archived