joxey
    Newest Member
    joxey
Central PA Winter 11-12 cont'd

MAG5035

• Replies 1.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Nor that was a great little squall line. Really held together when it came through and even elongated for SC while falling apart just to out south. The reverse of most events this year.

I'm on the south side of town, and though it was awesome, it probably was nothing like up there. Looks like I was just on the bad edge, and you were just on the good edge.

Lucky!

We'll probably manage 1/4" here. Still, it was intense for the five minutes the main squall was overhead.

Wow that's it on the south side of town?! I'm at my gf's in Toftrees (maybe 2mi north of SC) and we got an inch of the best snowball snow ever! Already had a fight out in it!

Wow that's it on the south side of town?! I'm at my gf's in Toftrees (maybe 2mi north of SC) and we got an inch of the best snowball snow ever! Already had a fight out in it!

Ended up with just shy of an inch here. Traffic is pretty slow - must be getting slick.

Ya, probably 1/4" here. There really was a sharp n/s boundary pretty much right over State College for much of it. We got the heavy stuff, but only for about five minutes. Moderate snow at times, too, but not enough to really pile up. What a difference 2-3 miles can make!

Looks great as it moved through. :) I'm hoping it holds together when it gets this far east. Looks good in the Fingers Lakes of NY down through the middle of PA now.

Colder here ...now 26 ...so whatever falls would not be wet and sticky...probably blow away.

wow...

A hair under 0.75" about 1.5 miles west of campus up Atherton (near the Walmart)

f556jo.jpg

ncfl9j.jpg

I stood in my backyard with the floods on and faced into the wind, then that 40-45 gust hit, snow slamming into me. All I needed was a loud thunderbolt and it would have been full Cantore.

Had several thunder and lighting strikes with the band near Buffalo. Received 4-6 inches so far since last night and still snowing.

I caught the arrival of the wind squall (on video) as it roared past my neighbor's townhouses until it blasted into me on my deck....then proceeded to blow my rain gauge off the deck and down onto the ground one story below (lol). Temp was 38 initially and only dropped to 35 as it ended about 5 minutes ago with a trace of accumulation. The line was just starting to disipate a bit as it moved through cumberland county.....what else is new? ....thank you blue mountain!

Archived