Total Members
    Most Online
    joxey
    Newest Member
    joxey
Central PA Winter 11-12 cont'd

MAG5035

LOL!

I played football for York High and played in the War of the Roses against McCaskey.

I actually like them both. Lancaster is great.

My PA guard unit was located in the run-down asbestos filled armory next to the Harley plant on Eden Rd.

We used to do training exercises along the codorus creek north of the 30 bridge. I'm sure the neighbors loved hearing semi auto weapons at 2 am.

• Replies 1.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

York is unique. Grew up in Camp Hill boro and we'd go south to York for adventure - even though Hbg was much closer and had its own "interesting" neighborhoods. Samuel Clemens had some nefarious and humorous quote about York, but I can't seem to locate it now.

just around the corner from me...

Harrisburg is where we would go for 'adventure"..

The new Euro dumps a lot of cold air in next weekend now instead of being mild. I really don't think any of us can count on the models being right more than 3 days or so out.

BTW, I saw 1952-53 mentioned as a really good match to our currently pattern. UNV saw 16.6 inches of snow (below normal) from 2/1 on that year.

One thing it did have was 3.7" of snow in April. There is a bit of correlation with lousy winters having late snow, from what I understand.

If it's going to snow past mid march, that would just add insult to injury for those of us that enjoy spring sports(baseball, auto racing). March 10th is usually the last time I'm rooting for any type of wintry precip.

For me it's end of March - I don't really like April snow outside of it being "interesting" from a meteorological standpoint.

Was snowing here earlier, speaking of which.

Archived