northernriwx
    Newest Member
    northernriwx
Jan 20th snow event part 2

Thundersnow12

• Replies 860
  • Created
  • Last Reply

a few +SN OBS just west of turtlehurricane country...

KLNR 201556Z AUTO 09005KT 1/4SM +SN VV010 M17/M20 A3019 RMK AO2 SLP240 P0000 T11671200

KOVS 201553Z AUTO VRB04KT 1/4SM +SN VV008 M17/M19 A3018 RMK AO2 SLP241 P0005 T11671194

quit whoring and eying up my snow. you don't even like snow anymore.

Not bad.

63 user(s) are reading this topic

42 members, 12 guests, 9 mouse users

I work for a road crew in Central IN, any input on what may happen here? It is in Hamilton Co. just north of INDY.

Looks like kitchen sink down there. Snow, sleet, maybe a little freezing rain. IND has 2" snow, ice up to 0.10" for Hendricks County. Probably a good call at this point.

Nice. Guessing about a half inch down here. Have yet to see pixie dust, but I've been in a decent band since I woke up a short while ago. We're in the same boat concerning that extreme cutoff. Makes for a very difficult forecast. RGEM and new GFS look great for our areas, but the HRRR is well to the north. Just gonna have to watch the radar and hope the SW edge stalls at some point.

Unsurprisingly, the GFS and especially the GEM are too broad with the qpf brush. The RGEM needs to have the south third of its qpf chopped off. The RUC qpf posted a little while ago shows the current state of the back edge very well.

The snow has lightened up quite a bit here.

Unsurprisingly, the GFS and especially the GEM are too broad with the qpf brush. The RGEM needs to have the south third of its qpf chopped off.

Would like to see some development down near the DSM area. So far it looks very dry down there. It should happen eventually, as most models develop a nice curl on the back side. The sooner it develops the better.

Bumping my call for LAF to 2-4".. mostly snow, maybe a few pingers. Hopefully I'm not overcompensating for lowballing the last clipper, but we'll see.

Weenie goggles. :P

I think we're all snow...very little to no taint. We're not far off I guess, I'll ride 2-3" and call it a day.

Archived