Newest Member
    Gonzalo00
2012 Winter Banter Thread #2

yoda

• Replies 1.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Now here's the perfect way to respond to a whining weenie

Brad, why do you think the ao/nao are going to "scream positive" and what analysis have you done to feel comfortable in saying that they won't cooperate before it's too late?

If they can't give a coherent answer, then tell them to read more/post less and/or 5 post them.

Look, we all knew this storm would lamer than a Wes Junker golf game. It's time to move on to the 240 hour next sure thing.

I just got back inside after picking my daughter up. I walked from the zipcar to my house in a hoodie and a tanktop and I wasn't cold. It's February 10th.

Put some pants on man....sheesh

No kids are happy this year. No snow days and not enough snow to build a snowman for most. I thought it was pretty cool that you took a "snow drive" for the kids. I'm all about doin the same thing for mine. It may seem silly to regular folks but it means alot to the little ones. Kids never forget that stuff.

THE LATEST RUN OF THE ECMWF CONTROL MODEL THAT JUST CAME OUT HAS A KU FOR NEXT WEEKEND. THIS IS NOT A JOKE!!! IT PRODUCES A BLIZZARD FOR EVERYONE FROM DC TO BOSTON AS IT BRINGS THE LOW FROM THE GULF COAST ON SATURDAY TO THE DELMARVA ON SUNDAY MORNING AND BOMBS IT THERE TO A 978MB, THEN ONLY SLOWLY MOVES IT ENE FROM THERE ALMOST DUE EAST, KEEPING US IN THE HEAVY DEFORMATION BAND FOR THE ENTIRE DAY ON SUNDAY!! TOTAL PRECIP IS NEAR 2 INCHES AND 850'S ARE BELOW FREEZING FROM DC TO BOSTON THE ENTIRE TIME OF THE STORM. THE ONLY AREA CLOSE BY THAT GETS ABOVE FREEZING AT 850 IS EXTREME SOUTHEASTERN NJ ALONG THE COAST FOR A SMALL TIME PERIOD.

THE LATEST RUN OF THE ECMWF CONTROL MODEL THAT JUST CAME OUT HAS A KU FOR NEXT WEEKEND. THIS IS NOT A JOKE!!! IT PRODUCES A BLIZZARD FOR EVERYONE FROM DC TO BOSTON AS IT BRINGS THE LOW FROM THE GULF COAST ON SATURDAY TO THE DELMARVA ON SUNDAY MORNING AND BOMBS IT THERE TO A 978MB, THEN ONLY SLOWLY MOVES IT ENE FROM THERE ALMOST DUE EAST, KEEPING US IN THE HEAVY DEFORMATION BAND FOR THE ENTIRE DAY ON SUNDAY!! TOTAL PRECIP IS NEAR 2 INCHES AND 850'S ARE BELOW FREEZING FROM DC TO BOSTON THE ENTIRE TIME OF THE STORM. THE ONLY AREA CLOSE BY THAT GETS ABOVE FREEZING AT 850 IS EXTREME SOUTHEASTERN NJ ALONG THE COAST FOR A SMALL TIME PERIOD.

Calm the f*** down.

Already looked at the 3HR snowfall maps. Don't judge a storm by the 850 0C line. It's 100% rain for I95. Higher elevations of SNE are the only places that do good.

Honestly guys, it is worth getting a trial free subscription just to see this. The control run sometimes keys in on things that the operational run does not. You see how close it was today if things worked out just a little differently we could have gotten nailed. The control run of the Euro showed today's potential a week ago very nicely, although things did not come together perfectly. I can tell you that I only watch the control run to see if it is vastly different than the operational run. The control run is like 001 of the GFS ensembles. It is usually very much like the operational run, but when things look very different on the control run it is often a sign that there is potential. It of course does not mean it will work out, but when the control run is vastly different, it is at least a sign that there is potential and that it would only take very small changes to the operational run to produce vastly different results.

Are you looking at the control run or the operational run? The control run shows nothing of the sort with a 978mb over the DelMarva wrapping cold air in, but who knows if it will even happen, but I doubt that would be snow if it were to really occur.

Already looked at the 3HR snowfall maps. Don't judge a storm by the 850 0C line. It's 100% rain for I95. Higher elevations of SNE are the only places that do good.

Are you looking at the control run or the operational run? The control run shows nothing of the sort with a 978mb over the DelMarva wrapping cold air in, but who knows if it will even happen, but I doubt that would be snow if it were to really occur.

Don't know what the control run is.

lol

Honestly guys, it is worth getting a trial free subscription just to see this. The control run sometimes keys in on things that the operational run does not. You see how close it was today if things worked out just a little differently we could have gotten nailed. The control run of the Euro showed today's potential a week ago very nicely, although things did not come together perfectly. I can tell you that I only watch the control run to see if it is vastly different than the operational run. The control run is like 001 of the GFS ensembles. It is usually very much like the operational run, but when things look very different on the control run it is often a sign that there is potential. It of course does not mean it will work out, but when the control run is vastly different, it is at least a sign that there is potential and that it would only take very small changes to the operational run to produce vastly different results.

BB's little brother?

Archived