• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    EWR757
    Newest Member
    EWR757
Next week ... Cold temps, but will it snow?

OKpowdah

• Replies 1.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Rumor has it the weeklies have some nice blocking and a -NAO..Any truth?

I haven't seen them but the Euro ensembles have a -NAO by the last few days of this month. The EPO still stinks, but we'd have a decent chance in that setup with the -NAO.

Rumor has it the weeklies have some nice blocking and a -NAO..Any truth?

In KPHL departures are

Latest Weeklies that came out today for KPHL proper show the next 4 week departures as follows:

Looks like +5, +9, +3, +4 for PHL in order ..This is according to pro met Adam...from the KPHL region..." Week 3 was 0 on Thursday. It's trending warmer!

So I hope for your area its trending better...

The torch gets attenuated. Snow is progged. Think about it. Last weeks event over performed. The upslope over performed. The cold over performed, tonights snow over performed. These subtle changes mean something.

Still think later next week turns more hostile, but we'll take what we can get for now.

Walking to work in my snowmocs for the first time since early Feb 2011. Arguably, it's here.

Yep you can tell that seasonal climo is getting temps down to their lowest point here. Even in a poor pattern it should start snowing in SNE now. Just like a poor pattern brought us snow up here the past two-three weeks. That zone is slowly shifting south and so you guys should at least get a good two week period with chances and snowfall as climo reaches its mins here in late January/early Feb before it starts lifting north again.

I know that is probably not very scientific but just the feeling of how this all shakes out and the seasonal progression of climate averages. Its getting to the point where you can have +6 departures and still be fine for winter weather down in SNE, just like we were up here in NNE the past few weeks. Coldest time of the year should bring snow chances down through New England even in a warm pattern.

Archived