• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    amirah5
    Newest Member
    amirah5
Next week ... Cold temps, but will it snow?

OKpowdah

• Replies 1.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Hope you are right. Looks like "meh" to me on the guidance that I can sort of follow.

How is the setup more favorable for more than an inch or 2? (not arguing, trying to learn...)

The signal is there for a nice little snowfall Thursday nite. Alot of folks are missing the boat on this one and looking to Saturday. There's a whole thread I started on the Thursday night snow

should be relatively cool into the weekend...after that...all bets are off. i think we could be pretty darn mild for the last 7 to 10 days of the month overall.

The Tuesday-Thursday timeframe next week looks pretty ugly ..I could see some 50's then. But it appears things want to cool off as we hit the last 3-5 days of the month and into Feb. With the AO forecast to tank again next week..we should at least have some normal chill and snow chances late late month and into Feb

I think Saturday has a decent chance of snow. I think the trend could be a little more north, so we may have to watch, but the s/w is very weak. It's almost pure WAA and little in the way of positive vorticity advection. One would think it could slip south again...but not so sure about that. Regardless, something to watch.

It also hangs a big high to the north with cold ne winds. Could see continual light snows through Sunday possible, as WAA also tries top continue aloft. Eventually we may see more of a mess Sunday Night into Monday. Still think we may be wedged in for a while next week, before possibly trying to warm up ahead of a cutter..but that is a little questionable right now. I would think at some point we warm up.

I think Saturday has a decent chance of snow. I think the trend could be a little more north, so we may have to watch, but the s/w is very weak. It's almost pure WAA and little in the way of positive vorticity advection. One would think it could slip south again...but not so sure about that. Regardless, something to watch.

It also hangs a big high to the north with cold ne winds. Could see continual light snows through Sunday possible, as WAA also tries top continue aloft. Eventually we may see more of a mess Sunday Night into Monday. Still think we may be wedged in for a while next week, before possibly trying to warm up ahead of a cutter..but that is a little questionable right now. I would think at some point we warm up.

You've got me naked

Euro ensembles have a weak ridge in the NW Davis Straits on this run. They still have the AK low, but do back it up slightly more nw. Some troughing is indicated on this run..even some heights rises out west. It's certainly not nearly as good looking as the GEFS, which looked like they were run in JI's basement.

The Tuesday-Thursday timeframe next week looks pretty ugly ..I could see some 50's then. But it appears things want to cool off as we hit the last 3-5 days of the month and into Feb. With the AO forecast to tank again next week..we should at least have some normal chill and snow chances late late month and into Feb

I'll pack the tropical warmth for my return on Monday night.

I knew I'd miss some (relatively) good winter weather. Alas.

Euro ensembles have a weak ridge in the NW Davis Straits on this run. They still have the AK low, but do back it up slightly more nw. Some troughing is indicated on this run..even some heights rises out west. It's certainly not nearly as good looking as the GEFS, which looked like they were run in JI's basement.

i'll take it over where we are coming from.

The anticipated torch has definitely been slowly but steadily downsized over the last several days of model runs. The steady parade of disturbances will be the main thing helping to knock down any threatening ridge. If one s/w amplifies over the rest, all bets are off and we're soaring through the 50's, but as long as they stay relatively closely spaced and delay amplification until they're east of the OV, could at least save us from premature summer.

But how nice that would be...

Archived