• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    amirah5
    Newest Member
    amirah5
Next week ... Cold temps, but will it snow?

OKpowdah

• Replies 1.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

through 1/18 ...

BOS ... +4.5

BDL ... +5.4

PVD ... +4.4

ORH ... +4.6

CON ... +5.0

What's interesting about those is that the high temperature for both the 17th and the 18th happened an hour either side of midnight between the 17th and 18th, where the day leading up to, and afterward, were below normal much of the time. The warm air was only present for 4 hours...

That 2 days worth of plus +11 and +16, where that seriously belies the dominate air mass on those two days.

I wonder how many other "warmer than normal" days cheated by stealing time at midnight - haha

I agree that there have been several days where the max has been like that and it skews the data. I keep my record 0700-0700 using the same guidelines as co-op observers and I'm only running +3 on the month compared to my 30 year normal. Since 1/15, I'm running -2.4°

I so wish Monday didn't have to happen. Congrats Scooter and Wiz on your calls/wishes for 50's on Monday/early Tuesday.

That is going to wipe out ALL of EVERYONES snowpack

Hopefully the end of the week storm is correct

I don't know. I still had some patches of snow left over after Wednesday and it was in the mid-40s for quite a while and we only had 3". With today's on top of that and Saturday's, I'm thinking we might see some patches left over.

If you think that's bad, you should have seen January 1996...we had 30"+ go down to a few inches in a week only to come back up again. At least we don't have that last year!

I don't know. I still had some patches of snow left over after Wednesday and it was in the mid-40s for quite a while and we only had 3". With today's on top of that and Saturday's, I'm thinking we might see some patches left over.

If you think that's bad, you should have seen January 1996...we had 30"+ go down to a few inches in a week only to come back up again. At least we don't have that last year!

I remember that disaster. I lived in Vrnon then..and it was all wiped out just about

What are your early thoughts on the D7 storm (end of next week)? GEFS looked intriguing with sagging isobars off the coast around that time. Even the 00z EURO had something (out in la la land of course though)

It could do anything at this point. I'll wait until the euro op and ensembles come out.

Euro has a nice little Miller B type storm for next Thu night/Friday. Close call though..south coast is probably rain. But its been showing up on guidance for a while, so it might be something to watch.

I'm sure this one will in fact adhere to the 'ole "last second tic N" rule, since I'm initially pegged for snow.

I think with this thing today south it means that does too

I like this line of reasoning... the longer we can hold it the better. Less damage to the snowpack. Some good ZR to coat the 13" in ice and then wait for the storms of Feb and March to build on it. Heck the bottom 8" of the snowpack is already rock hard with 5-6" of fluff from yesterday on it. Nice layered cake look.

Archived