joxey
    Newest Member
    joxey
Arctic Frontal Passage

Ginx snewx

• Replies 104
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I'm going out to Rochester for work on Wednesday ...should at least see some snow when I cross the main LES belts.... Maybe we'll manage a few inches here.

Your enthusiasm is catching. I am actually pretty excited to see how this evolves. If I was living near the ocean or in favored upslope areas, even more, your spot might benefit pretty good in fact.

Your enthusiasm is catching. I am actually pretty excited to see how this evolves. If I was living near the ocean or in favored upslope areas, even more, your spot might benefit pretty good in fact.

Seems like the wind trajectory will be more NW rather than anything E of N. At least it will be cold enough, though. I think you are right about LES, on the other hand.

Hey, I like cold, I like winds. Maybe it will trigger a few squalls.

I'm probably not going to invest too much time with it though

mainly a cold/dry week on the 12z euro. touch of OES on the cape tues eve/wed...otherwise low develops offshore thu/fri but doesn't have the same inverted trough/norlun look that the ggem has had off/on its last few runs...hints at it but doesn't really pull it together.

Euro is pulling back the trough again westward, something to watch. Also despite all the other assertions from others it appears to me that good squalls are in the cards as well as an opportunity for localized shoreline OES. JMHO

NCEP:

FIRST TRUE WINTER COLD SHOT PLUNGES INTO THE PLAINS AND EAST

MONDAY INTO TUESDAY WITH WINDY COLD CONDITIONS THAT BEGIN TO ABATE

WEDNESDAY AND THURSDAY WITH WARM ADVECTION RETURN IN THE PLAINS

AND GREAT LAKES REGION DAY 6 THURSDAY AND ERN CONUS FRIDAY.

TEMERATURES THE COLDEST DAY WILL BE 10-15 DEGRES BELOW AVERAGE AND

WHILE NOT EXCESSIVE OR EXTRAORDINARY COMBINED WITH BRISK WINDS

WILL BE IN A VERY SHARP CONTRAST TO THE PRECEDING WARM OVERALL

DECEMBER OVER THE EASTERN HALF OF CONUS. LAKE EFFECT SNOWS CAN BE

EXPECTED OVER LEE SHORES OF THE GREAT LAKES AND WITH SNOW PLUMES

INTO HIGHER APPLCHN TERRAIN OF PA/MD/WV/VA/NC. GALE FORCE WINDS

CAN BE EXPECTED ALONG MUCH OF THE ENTIRE EAST COAST AND ADJACENT

BAYS AND SOUNDS MONDAY AND TUESDAY. STRONG TEHUANEPECER WINDS

EXPECTED OVER THE GULF OF TEHUANEPEC AS HIGH PRESSURE BUILDS OVER

THE GLFMEX AND MEXICO DAYS 3 AND 4 MONDAY AND TUESDAY.

RAUSCH/ROSENSTEIN

....Nice, upwelling in the NINO 1+2 then to increase the potency of Nina :axe:

Looks like the usual benificiaries of lake love will be happy, maybe a little oes mid week, winds might not work out too well for that. Actually looks like a couple nice days, lows around 15 highs around 30 down here, nothing crazy by any stretch but will feel like winter:)

oops... didn't see this thread. Mods feel free to merge.

No yours is cool, we can post obs etc. I was just using this for model outputs, discussion. Nobody seems impressed but me anyway. These events are one of my Favs, the sounds of Arctic winds howling, shaking the house while the temp hovers in the single digits is pure winter, hopefully there is a smidge of snow.

Still think this packs a better punch than advertised, RH values and instability seems to be pretty good for some squalls. Perhaps best squalls come in on secondary Arctic boundary.

Well I had a post in here that was deleted for some reason about how much I loved the sounds of Arctic winds howling through the house with temps in the single digits, hope there is a smidge of snow on the ground at the time.

Well I had a post in here that was deleted for some reason about how much I loved the sounds of Arctic winds howling through the house with temps in the single digits, hope there is a smidge of snow on the ground at the time.

my fat hand must have accidentally brushed the touchpad and unapproved the post, sorry. (there's no confirm screen for that particular function.)

my fat hand must have accidentally brushed the touchpad and unapproved the post, sorry. (there's no confirm screen for that particular function.)

Can deleted posts be brought back? I assume something fairly well developed like IPB would follow a typical design pattern of never physically deleting records but marking them as soft deletes, or at the very least log them with content intact.

Archived