• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    joxey
    Newest Member
    joxey
Arctic Frontal Passage

Ginx snewx

Just got back for 2k in Gods country........great trip but activities limited in the Berkshires. No skating, no snow on the ground whatsoever, temps were extremely mild, 30 this morning with very light snow flurries.

Spoke to many locals, they are hurting up there big time, what really caught my eye was the fact I did not even see a single snow pile, just amazing.

There is still a very small pile left over from October in the Gardner, MA Walmart lot

About the size of a fridge

I'm thinking of stealing it...

• Replies 104
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Does the flow become kinda crappy aloft? supporting multi bands in nnw flow as opposed to w?

Cold NW flow tonight should support heavy accumulations along the Chautauqua Ridge from SE Erie County, NY to Ashtabula County in NE OH. This is BUF's WRF which I think is pretty accurate for the most part in lake-effect. The arctic front is producing some shear at the moment which is disrupting bands for now but well-aligned flow tonight with very cold 850s should support heavy snow.

wrf_precip36_F36.gif

Arctic front is starting to work its way south... earlier today 30+dbz produced up to 2"/hr snowfall rates, so we'll see what happens when this gets here.

I think everyone gets some white tonight.

More great upslope Freak, enjoy the snow tonight should get crazy up there.

Archived