• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    Toothache
    Newest Member
    Toothache
We need a ruling...messenger vs weathafella

weathafella

Now that there is slight potential Sunday evening, we need a ruling. Our bet is an inch at BOS by 12/25. This to me means up to midnight 12/25. Messenger interprets 12/24 at 11:59 or perhaps 12:01 AM on 12/25.

Who is right?

I'd say 11:59pm on 12/25. So if an inch falls on Christmas day that counts.

I don't see it being a problem either way but I said that by ,as in the webster dictionary "not later than" before there were any threats on the horizon.

Snow at 1150 on 12/25...most aren't going to care as it's not a white christmas. White christmas to me is snow OTG when you get up, which is why I agreed to 12/25 and thought it was a significant point.

Maybe we go triple or nothing if I give you all day on the 25th...I'll be as fat as your squirrels by MLK

I don't see it being a problem either way but I said that by ,as in the webster dictionary "not later than" before there were any threats on the horizon.

Snow at 1150 on 12/25...most aren't going to care as it's not a white christmas. White christmas to me is snow OTG when you get up, which is why I agreed to 12/25 and thought it was a significant point.

Maybe we go triple or nothing if I give you all day on the 25th...I'll be as fat as your squirrels by MLK

I wasn't referencing Christmas in my bet. To you it's Christmas, to me it's Sunday and 12/24 being the 100th anniversary of my father's birth makes it more interesting this year. So I don't think there was any lack of clarify...it was an inch by 12/25 and the consensus (100% so far) agrees with me....by 11:59 Christmas night. White or otherwise, a bit is a bet and mine was not based on white Christmas. A white any day is good.

I wasn't referencing Christmas in my bet. To you it's Christmas, to me it's Sunday and 12/24 being the 100th anniversary of my father's birth makes it more interesting this year. So I don't think there was any lack of clarify...it was an inch by 12/25 and the consensus (100% so far) agrees with me....by 11:59 Christmas night. White or otherwise, a bit is a bet and mine was not based on white Christmas. A white any day is good.

Yeah but the definition of by is not later than....not later than 2pm isn't 2:59pm, it's 1:59:59. Not later than 12/25

Either way, it won't matter.

I guess what I'm saying is I don't really care - although I do appreciate the input - because I know what I meant in making the bet almost a month ago. I think giving someone almost 4 weeks to get 1 inch of snow before christmas was pretty generous and at the time very few here thought I would win that bet.

If I'd meant all day on the 25th I'd have said by the 26th.

In the end it won't matter, and I could probably extend it to 1/1/2012 at 12:01am and it wouldn't matter one bit.

I guess what I'm saying is I don't really care - although I do appreciate the input - because I know what I meant in making the bet almost a month ago. I think giving someone almost 4 weeks to get 1 inch of snow before christmas was pretty generous and at the time very few here thought I would win that bet.

If I'd meant all day on the 25th I'd have said by the 26th.

In the end it won't matter, and I could probably extend it to 1/1/2012 at 12:01am and it wouldn't matter one bit.

Should have drawn up a contract with dates times and other specifics, In the end, Either one of you could file suit and then counter it, Take it to litigation and let the courts decide the outcome, Or you can settle out of court.........lol

Should have drawn up a contract with dates times and other specifics, In the end, Either one of you could file suit and then counter it, Take it to litigation and let the courts decide the outcome, Or you can settle out of court.........lol

I could safely extend to about 1/1...fairly safely extend to 1/10 and I'm confident I'd still win.

Agreed re: definition of a white Christmas.

You could say snow on the ground by sunrise 12/25

Agreed re: definition of a white Christmas.

You could say snow on the ground by sunrise 12/25

I agree on white Christmas but what did that have to do with the bet? It was by 12/25. Not by sunrise 12/25. To me...it means close of business 12/25 as we'd do at work or midnight. (11:59:59).

Not to add fodder to this but a white Christmas as far as Evironment Canada rates it is 2cm or greater at 7:00am on Christmas Day. Not sure if NWS has a standard. Might not mean anything in this bet but just pointing it out. Cheers.

well I will add to this since you mentioned me...

I would rule that snow must accumulate in sufficient quantity and be measured until midnight December 25th. Once Boxing Day is upon us, whether you're sweating in saunas, or lounging like Adonis, the race has been run and Win, Place or Show its time to count the snow.

Again, this bet was not about about a white Christmas. Probably a moot point given the pattern but my understanding when messenger laid down the challenge of not an inch between now and 12/25 in november agrees with most who have responded give till 11:59:59 on 12/25. if it were about a white Christmas, it would have a different context.

Less than 24 hrs until fat bastard wins the double or nothing. Not sure what, W- Fella or anybody else with their 2 cents backing him in this thread doesn't understand about Boston needed 1 measly inch by the 25th. If Messenger meant he had all day on the 25th for a miracle he would have said "by the 26th" and we clearly know this bet wasn't about a white Christmas.. Bold and beyond generous bet offer by, Messenger has come to a thread like this is just beyond dumbfounded.

What part of 1" by the 25th of december is hard to grasp, really? Who gives a **** about paying off a bet (its not like messenger is going to go all fat bastard and wine nazi on fella) and I would bet my franks and beans if messenger was on fella's end of this agreed bet he wouldn't be pulling out a weenie thread to his clique for help.

Archived