• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    Toothache
    Newest Member
    Toothache
We need a ruling...messenger vs weathafella

weathafella

Not to add fodder to this but a white Christmas as far as Environment Canada rates it is 2cm or greater at 7:00am on Christmas Day. Not sure if NWS has a standard. Might not mean anything in this bet but just pointing it out. Cheers.

The NWS also does 1 inch on the ground at 12Z (7 AM EST) for a White Christmas. AFAIK, it's been done that way for quite a while.

Just my 2 cents worth...

--Turtle

wrong.

lol wtf about "byyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyy" the 25th can't people understand.

When someone says a project is due by the 20th...it usually means it is perfectly ok to pass it in on the 20th.

If this was a "white Christmas" debate then the parameters would be easy...by 7am on the 25th...but that is not what the bet was from what was written on here weeks ago.

When someone says a project is due by the 20th...it usually means it is perfectly ok to pass it in on the 20th.

If this was a "white Christmas" debate then the parameters would be easy...by 7am on the 25th...but that is not what the bet was from what was written on here weeks ago.

He may be still drunk from the loss to KC last week.

The NWS also does 1 inch on the ground at 12Z (7 AM EST) for a White Christmas. AFAIK, it's been done that way for quite a while.

Just my 2 cents worth...

--Turtle

That would be a reasonable compromise, JMHO. I was mainly talking about a White Christmas which is why the 25th appealed to me. To me that's 12:01, snow on xmas night at 11 is like snow in October. I get that Jerry had a different meaning in mind. To me I'd have said by the 26th if I meant all day on Xmas.

But I'm not sure it matters much anyway and in real terms when you look at the last 4 weeks since we made the bet....even if a miracle 1" falls.... the squirrels failed.

That would be a reasonable compromise, JMHO. I was mainly talking about a White Christmas which is why the 25th appealed to me. To me that's 12:01, snow on xmas night at 11 is like snow in October. I get that Jerry had a different meaning in mind. To me I'd have said by the 26th if I meant all day on Xmas.

But I'm not sure it matters much anyway and in real terms when you look at the last 4 weeks since we made the bet....even if a miracle 1" falls.... the squirrels failed.

Since we have different ideas, how is it resolved?

Squirrels are getting thinner. Kind of like mocking me....

Messenger, if you meant white Christmas you should have stated that. Ad it turns out we won't have it by midnight Sunday probably but it should have been more clear. Eg.....if we agreed to by 12/30, would you still want to hold me to 7am that day?

Forget about the timing issue. I mean the guy(messenger) called for less than an inch of snow in Boston over a month ago. That's a damn BOLD call and a correct one it looks like. Even if by some fluke 1" falls I wouldn't be trumpeting around saying I won the bet. In that case i'd call it a draw. Unless you want to be anal about it. Just my opinion. Either way that was a gutsy call even without a wager on it. Cheers and a Merry Christmas to you and yours from a snowy Nova Scotia.

Forget about the timing issue. I mean the guy(messenger) called for less than an inch of snow in Boston over a month ago. That's a damn BOLD call and a correct one it looks like. Even if by some fluke 1" falls I wouldn't be trumpeting around saying I won the bet. In that case i'd call it a draw. Unless you want to be anal about it. Just my opinion. Either way that was a gutsy call even without a wager on it. Cheers and a Merry Christmas to you and yours from a snowy Nova Scotia.

Hazey just so you know Jerry and I are friends, we're just having fun. I do agree with you though. If you go back and look at the period where I made that call there weren't many on my side here. We were talking about an upcoming gradient pattern and plenty of events with a turn to a colder pattern. In fact the day we made the bet there were a couple of modeled snow threats.

Anyway all in good fun, but we should have clarified.

I can see me on messenger's 6 yard line out of time outs as it's snowing hard.....1/2 Inch in the bank as 12/26 dawns...time runs out. Messenger with excellent clock mangement. Lol....

You've got a decent chance of pulling it out. Lots of residual moisture. I think you see snow here next week. Question will be what happens after 1/2

Yeah but the definition of by is not later than....not later than 2pm isn't 2:59pm, it's 1:59:59. Not later than 12/25

Either way, it won't matter.

I think the correct analogy for 'not later than 2pm' would be whether or not 2:00:59 counts. I would say that it does.

If the exact wording was "1 inch by 12/25" then 12/25 is included.

Archived