Newest Member
    amirah5
Dec 24-28 winter weather period

Ji

• Replies 604
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Blah!

Models have been like the movie groundhog day since the middle of Nov. Same look over and over. The end of the euro looks ever so slightly better but I already know how that will turn out. We need to set up a couple thousand high output propane heaters in Greenland. If the damn ridge won't form itself we'll just have to build our own.

Blah!

Models have been like the movie groundhog day since the middle of Nov. Same look over and over. The end of the euro looks ever so slightly better but I already know how that will turn out. We need to set up a couple thousand high output propane heaters in Greenland. If the damn ridge won't form itself we'll just have to build our own.

even then it is a positive epo and a positive ao/nao.

This winter has a big stinking bug bite to it. I can not remember ever getting a bug bite outside near the end of December. That tells me, maybe we are all in for a warm ride this winter. Come Febuary 2012 with no snow, I am wondering if there will be a post on the winter of 2012-2013. So far for the future outlook of our winter is looking pretty warm. Strat is not warming fast enough, so the winter pattern change is not looking good either.

I've been thinking about that year. I know modeling wasn't what it is today, but I wonder if anyone knows what the models showed for that year about this time. It sure flipped fast that year, and was permanent until March.

I don't know if any models were run out past 10 days at that time. Wes might know. I can't remember if the MRF went out to 10 days or not at that time. There certainly didn't seem to be any discussion of long-range forecasts that I could find, except maybe Gordon Barnes who, if you paid him, could tell you if it would rain on your wedding day next June or on your 4th of July picnic. :ph34r:

It was so consistently cold from before Thanksgiving until the New Year that when it broke, it seemed like it had to. I recall after that kind of start thinking the cold would return, but it just never did.

I guess this is a dead issue? We used to follow thru to the passing of the storm but the warm weather has bitten everyone.

I think its the fact that there really isn't a storm to discuss. It is going to rain tonight, then we will get some days with temps in the 40s before it warms up again next week.

Mark my words...the first snow we will get will be on Jan 28th just in time to cancel the astronomy session.

Although I would welcome the snow, I'm looking forward to joining you this time. I got a new digital camera to go along with my slr. I picked up a cybershot wx9 and it's supposed to take excellent low light pics. It will be a good activity to test it out.

Archived