joxey
    Newest Member
    joxey
Mid-Week Snowfall for Great Lakes...

Jim Martin

• Replies 146
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Also lost out on a chance for a tie for the least snowiest December on record. Disaster. Boo snow. laugh.png

1) T - 1889 and 1912

2) 0.1" - 1943

3) 0.3" - 1906 and 1871

4) 0.4" - 1986

5) 0.5" - 1939 and 2011

yeah i'd have rather had an epic bad start than just a plain bad start. .5-1" of snow is only enjoyable if it A-falls during the day and B-freshens a real snowpack.

We had 0.8" of snow with 0.05" water content (exact same at DTW). Its fluffy snow yet some parts of the sidewalk are just wet (most snowcovered) owing to the generally mild weather weve had so far.

Looking at reports/webcams, looks like ONCE AGAIN Ann Arbor area was the jackpot with near 2". Also looks like southern Oakland county also did a little better than most. Just like the last snow event, the models yesterday were saying no snow here (it would all be in northern Ohio) and they were wrong. Based on whats happened to our n, s, e, w, the last 10 days southern Michigan seems to be the place to be for whatever crumbs of snow this crappy pattern will yield. Will be interesting to see how things progress once we get into a good pattern.

3011-800.jpg

3012-800.jpg

Its quite possible and reachable for someone to get over 2"+ here in the Detroit area. 1.5" here so far

Southern michigan doing all right...considering how uneventful snow wise it has been in the MW. Approaching 7" for the season and I know some spots are well over 10"

Solid coating here. Guesstimating about 0.8" by looking out the window, although I'll measure when I head out for my 10:10 class.

And the snow is still falling too, (very lightly of course) thanks to a little bit of lake enhancement, although that should rap up soon enough as the winds curve from their current NW to a more W direction.

Ended up with 0.9". Was nice, though it did settle throughout the day so now there is about 0.5" left, so you can see plenty of grass. Up to 4.0" on the season imby, 5.1" at DTW. Hasnt been a lot of snowcover, but we are doing better than most other places. SW MI is the jackpot so far. Interesting that, once again, models had NO snow in Detroit 12 hours before the system arrived. The snow was to stay in northern Ohio (the best stuff well south of Toledo). Instead what happened? Detroits NORTHERN suburbs where the jackpot with around 2", while DTW south had 1 inch or slightly less. About the only model worth anything lately is the HRRR.

Archived