• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    12bet1 net
    Newest Member
    12bet1 net
Late November/Early December upcoming wx.

CoastalWx

• Replies 1.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Like with anything, it depends on the orientation of each block. I don't see how you can have a cold and snowy December with a +EPO that we have right now.

But......as December rolls in, the orientation can change. That may be a little different. If we kept this EXACT pattern that we have now..it would be a challenge imo.

How strange will this be looking back, one of the warmest MET Autumns in New England history, region wide, and the largest October Snowstorm, perhaps ever a biblical perhaps 1 in 1000 year event.

Climate Change is alive and well.

If it's hot...blame AGW, if it's cold...blame AGW, AGW now controls all weather.

If it's hot...blame AGW, if it's cold...blame AGW, AGW now controls all weather.

who said anything about agw?

Denying the globes weather patterns are changing is small minded. I dont think man has a single thing to do with climate change, we are far too insignificant compared to volcanoes, magnetic fields, the sun etc etc etc.

Like with anything, it depends on the orientation of each block. I don't see how you can have a cold and snowy December with a +EPO that we have right now.

This is a fantastic point actually. For example, there is more to the NAO then whether it's positive or negative...if it's negative where is this block setup? Is it an east-block? West-block? Same thing goes with the other teleconnections as well.

This is why I have really been interested lately in breaking down each of the teleconnections into more detail...such as Allan has done with his east/west based NAO numbers.

It's just I have little clue on how to do this and would certainly have to work with someone who has a great more deal of knowledge than I do.

Some great snows in those years, average of all is 13.2 in BOS dead ratters were 52, 2.4 2001, 5.0 87,7.5 best was 70, 27.9 95, 24.1

Do you happen have a link to monthly snowfall totals for major stations here (BDL/BOS/ALY/ORH/PVD)

Or do you use the links from BOX site?

I know Ryan said last winter that some of the numbers from the BOX site about BDL were incorrect...tried to find out where he was getting BDL numbers from.

Do you happen have a link to monthly snowfall totals for major stations here (BDL/BOS/ALY/ORH/PVD)

Or do you use the links from BOX site?

I know Ryan said last winter that some of the numbers from the BOX site about BDL were incorrect...tried to find out where he was getting BDL numbers from.

I use the Box site, man I wish we had a NWS site like BVT or some of the others. Yesterday I was looking at some and the climo info is awesome.

who said anything about agw?

Denying the globes weather patterns are changing is small minded. I dont think man has a single thing to do with climate change, we are far too insignificant compared to volcanoes, magnetic fields, the sun etc etc etc.

You can't pin point things like individual storms and blame climate change. Have we warmed in the last hundred years...of course, but I'm sick of the media blaming everything on global warming.

You can't pin point things like individual storms and blame climate change. Have we warmed in the last hundred years...of course, but I'm sick of the media blaming everything on global warming.

Im not, and I dont watch TV, but climate change is real. I could care less about warm or cold, but patterns are changing and having HUGE effects in certain parts of the world.

Its interesting stuff, who cares about the media and about the govt paying off scientists to come up with outcomes that they are looking for so they can waste money. What is happening across Africa, and the poles right now is jawdropping stuff, and is having a serious effect on animals both on land and in the oceans.

According to Joe Bastardi, we are entering a Little Ice Age, so I am excited, except this year is a bust already (as far as the ice age winter goes) lol.

Euro ensembles look a wee bit better toward 12/2 but that's still a warm pattern for most of CONUS with a +EPO but not a raging +EPO as the PV retrogrades a bit more toward the Aleutians/Bering Strait.

Yeah it does look a little better, but I think we need to flush out the garbage air left over. I suppose I have more of a bias living on the coast, but even inland..it's not the best airmass. At least it continues to try and improve with each day. Still thinking closer to mid month or at least after the first week for anything more notable.

I know, it's incredible.

Would be great if BOX could work on that more.

That has "internship" written all over it. When I was an intern with the VT State Climatologist back in college, I helped input a lot of that climate data and put it online (now some of which is on the BTV site). That sort of stuff is great for an intern to do... write a proposal to BOX, Weatherwiz!

That has "internship" written all over it. When I was an intern with the VT State Climatologist back in college, I helped input a lot of that climate data and put it online (now some of which is on the BTV site). That sort of stuff is great for an intern to do... write a proposal to BOX, Weatherwiz!

I would seriously love to do something like that, it would be great.

Perhaps I could talk to Eleanor or JoeD about this.

This is a great idea, thanks!

Outside of a flake in the higher terrain, I see absolutely NOthing that would have CP weenies excited, at least through mid December. To be honest it rarely snows outside of the interior this time of year anyways. Thinking December now comes in around +2.5 for the area, but possibly higher if the first two weeks really torch, which is entirely possible.

Outside of a flake in the higher terrain, I see absolutely NOthing that would have CP weenies excited, at least through mid December. To be honest it rarely snows outside of the interior this time of year anyways. Thinking December now comes in around +2.5 for the area, but possibly higher if the first two weeks really torch, which is entirely possible.

Quite the bold statement on Nov 17th, good luck with your forecast. Ignoring next week?

Archived