• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    Gonzalo00
    Newest Member
    Gonzalo00
Late November/Early December upcoming wx.

CoastalWx

• Replies 1.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Thanks, that was a cold month of Jan, close to some of the coldest.

Dec 1956 was a torch but it still had pretty good snow with over 18" in ORH and over 15" in BOS. We managed to get several snow events in a bad pattern, so we can always hope the same happens this early December should this pattern come to fruition. The only thing is it didn't have that horrific vortex over AK.

Dec 1956 was a torch but it still had pretty good snow with over 18" in ORH and over 15" in BOS. We managed to get several snow events in a bad pattern, so we can always hope the same happens this early December should this pattern come to fruition. The only thing is it didn't have that horrific vortex over AK.

Highly unlikely that vortex stays there thru Dec. in my mind this is actually good news for us. Deep cold and snow should promote excellent radiant cold highs to build up there. Let's limp through the next couple of weeks or so and take one for the team so we get the goods when we really want it. Still so very early.

No suprise the nam is coming around, this will be a suprise to many, late afternoon early evening snow bomb for a couple hours, enough to coat all the way to the coast, temps crashing.

AIT

NAM is awful for any snow tomorrow night. It actually looks like Phil has the best shot at seeing flakes.

laugh.gif litchfieldlibations is the after 7pm replacement for the Rev

Yea.. I'm not really sure what the GFS is smoking... probably whatever Dryslot is on tonight.

The only thing i a smoke is usually a good cuban cigar, The GFS and Euro both had some flakes here with the Nam being the outlier, Even then we were not talking a whole lot other then a dusting if we got real lucky

I really am not seeing what the fuss is, pretty meh everywhere unless you get orgasmic over splats on your windshield.

Yeah BL temps have to cool even after the mid-levels get cold enough...again, my call is probably a slushy coating in the hills. WeatherMA might get a few slush balls to stick to the car windshield while I get a coating on the mulch. Maybe WaWa can pick up a half inch or an inch.

Yeah BL temps have to cool even after the mid-levels get cold enough...again, my call is probably a slushy coating in the hills. WeatherMA might get a few slush balls to stick to the car windshield while I get a coating on the mulch. Maybe WaWa can pick up a half inch or an inch.

Well I'll be working my job at Lincoln plaza tomorrow night so maybe the extra 100 feet will give me legit flakes instead of slush balls wub.gif

NAM is awful for any snow tomorrow night. It actually looks like Phil has the best shot at seeing flakes.

Yep everyone will look at the 18z maps and think it's good to go but it's too warm down low. By the time it cools enough the only ones with meaningful precip are down here and our lower layers will make it tough. I fully expect we will see decent falling snow down here but not accumulating if the NAM came to fruition. I could see a windshield and woodchip coverer occuring down here.

Nam is much improved from 18z

That's like saying the economy is better now than in 2008. It's all relative and the NAM is still mostly nothing with little time left.

I really am not seeing what the fuss is, pretty meh everywhere unless you get orgasmic over splats on your windshield.

Yep.

The NAM is not much of anything in terms of snow, totally agree. We'll see what the others bring.

This is probably going to be a lot of 34-35F snow at the end. Sometimes these have a good burst and you can get more, but I wouldn't really throw around accumulations of greater than an inch. If anything, it's probably more of a bigger deal for se areas that really haven't seen the snow that areas n&w have.

Archived