• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    CHSVol
    Newest Member
    CHSVol
Late November/Early December upcoming wx.

CoastalWx

• Replies 1.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Canada is going to be flooded with cold air as per most models. This Pacific mess will not let it get very far into the CONUS though.

I don't know if cold air = any snow in Montreal, but you will certainly be quite a bit colder most of next week than ALB or BOS.

Maybe that southern stream thing can throw some moisture over our marginal cold air here midweek.

welcome back :)

well as we know, cold doesnt equal snow that is for sure. looks like another transient cool shot, nothing more, but i am encourage by late developments on the overnight models.

i was more shocked at the edmonton report on the news last night. truly amazing stuff! ......this is a place where winter can start in early october, and they have a decent average of snow by now.

they mentioned it was only the second time in history edmonton has gone this deep into the season. its like that across much of the country.

Clown Margusity's column today sounds like Snownh somehow took ahold of his laptop

3. Next week, there is a big discrepancy between the GFS and the Euro model over the snowstorm in the Northeast. The Euro shows a 6- to 12-inch snowfall along the I-90 corridor from Buffalo to Boston. It even has snow down to I-80. On the other hand, the GFS just shows a flat wave of low pressure with very little in the way of moisture getting up into the cold air. I am going with the Euro only because the Euro has been doing a good job with the snowstorms this fall. Remember, that was the model that showed the Halloween snowstorm in the Northeast

Clown Margusity's column today sounds like Snownh somehow took ahold of his laptop

3. Next week, there is a big discrepancy between the GFS and the Euro model over the snowstorm in the Northeast. The Euro shows a 6- to 12-inch snowfall along the I-90 corridor from Buffalo to Boston. It even has snow down to I-80. On the other hand, the GFS just shows a flat wave of low pressure with very little in the way of moisture getting up into the cold air. I am going with the Euro only because the Euro has been doing a good job with the snowstorms this fall. Remember, that was the model that showed the Halloween snowstorm in the Northeast

He's on crack. It is not a 6-12" snow storm on I-90.

Man HRRR really goes pretty aggressive still. It's all going to depend on what happens over the next 3 hrs. We better see those echoes start developing further nw. It's trying too right now. Maybe interesting for a few later on.

It seems a little too far nw now, as compared to actual echoes. I'm skeptical of the HRRR right now.

Man HRRR really goes pretty aggressive still. It's all going to depend on what happens over the next 3 hrs. We better see those echoes start developing further nw. It's trying too right now. Maybe interesting for a few later on.

RUC is coming onboard too. There's an awful lot of dynamics at play. I just hope it comes together and doesnt' give us snow balls.

ruc_namer_007_1000_500_thick.gif

RUC is coming onboard too. There's an awful lot of dynamics at play. I just hope it comes together and doesnt' give us snow balls.

ruc_namer_007_1000_500_thick.gif

The RUC image you posted make a little more sense keeping echoes near I-95 and points se, but would argue for some flakes or a little -SN further west too. Part of me sees some things that argue for GFS/HRRR, but I don't completely buy it. It could just blossom last minute so who knows.

Archived