• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    12bet1 net
    Newest Member
    12bet1 net
Late November/Early December upcoming wx.

CoastalWx

• Replies 1.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

They were too generous in areas with a borderline atmosphere. They may have been good for the interior out by Pete, but I don't trust those.

Seemed pretty reasonable, as you said SWFE sn to rn per last nights runs but then again it was in the Delmarva 12 hours earlier. This seems like a reasonable output to me.

I'm willing to bet that Steve as ready to post some obscure wundergorund output that implies just that.

It's all good. Everyone likes snow, including myself. I'm perfectly fine going through a period of "meh" until we are well into December. You can still get snow, if things time right, but it's not a good pattern for those with a snowpack fetish. I've been off for a while so I can't look at the good euro stuff, but I can see various temps at different levels of the atmosphere and it wasn't pretty south of the MA/CT border for next week. But who knows, we are still far out so it could trend one way or another.

LOL, I'm fine. I'm just trying to inject a little reality into the convo. Just because I say something that is anti-snow doesn't mean I'm upset or anything.

I don't mean that. You always do that. I just mean your general tone..and your depression is really showing. and lashing out when you usually are level headed and even keeled.

It's all good. Everyone likes snow, including myself. I'm perfectly fine going through a period of "meh" until we are well into December. You can still get snow, if things time right, but it's not a good pattern for those with a snowpack fetish. I've been off for a while so I can't look at the good euro stuff, but I can see various temps at different levels of the atmosphere and it wasn't pretty south of the MA/CT border for next week. But who knows, we are still far out so it could trend one way or another.

Too early for snowpack, anyway....get this $hit show outta the way, now.

the euro output for next week would be some good news for NNE ski spots...probably cold enough to manufacture some snow monday onward and then a good dump of snow mid-week...until it torches again.

But Joe says no ski areas open Tday?? The torch that never came Tday week now is the following week. Hopefully things continue to get muted.

I think what we want, is for that batch of precip down by VA and NC to blossom and sort of develop to the north and northeast. You don't want it to have that linear shape to it like it has now, you want the more curved looked with the precip shield pushing to the nw. Still a little uncertain if that happens, but it might wait until it is closer to our latitude.

I don't mean that. You always do that. I just mean your general tone..and your depression is really showing. and lashing out when you usually are level headed and even keeled.

Good one. laugh.gif I am pretty level headed, joking about having those run in JI's basement isn't suggesting I'm mad or anything. If I debate something with you or Steve, it isn't because I'm getting ready to bathe with an appliance...just offering my two cents...especially since I can see more detailed data then some of you.

I'm willing to bet that Steve is ready to post some obscure wundergorund "output" that would imply just that....

WTF, I questioned a statement and you jump on me for that? I said all along that today was mangled mess. Next weeks Euro who the heck knows? These Euro ouputs have just appeared this year,folks throwing out generalized statements and not saying why is what I questioned. They look fine by me and performed well in Oct. They even nailed elevation, seems that Algo is fine.

Good one. laugh.gif I am pretty level headed, joking about having those run in JI's basement isn't suggesting I'm mad or anything. If I debate something with you or Steve, it isn't because I'm getting ready to bathe with an appliance...just offering my two cents...especially since I can see more detailed data then some of you.

I'm serious. Your tone and attitude have def changed over the last month or so. Admit it or not..it has gotten to you..maybe you are coginizant of it.

What's going to happen come mid December and we're stuck in the same pattern. Won't be able to use that anymore. We need this to change and change before Dec

I think we see changes to the pattern begin in earnest about mid Dec, but these changes will not be able to be perceived by the masses in terms of sensible impact until around xmas....doesn't mean we won't have a good storm or two during the month, but Dec will not be a realy "wintry month".....I think Jan will be fun.

WTF, I questioned a statement and you jump on me for that? I said all along that today was mangled mess. Next weeks Euro who the heck knows? These Euro ouputs have just appeared this year,folks throwing out generalized statements and not saying why is what I questioned. They look fine by me and performed well in Oct. They even nailed elevation, seems that Algo is fine.

I didn't "jump" on you....I'm fooking around because nothing meteorologically interests me, at the moment.

What's going to happen come mid December and we're stuck in the same pattern. Won't be able to use that anymore. We need this to change and change before Dec

The EPO has been breaking down slowly and everything seems to be setup not only for a -NAO to develop this winter but perhaps an NAO which is solidly negative as well. Even if the EPO remains positive as long as the signal isn't strong we'll be fine. This winter should be rather stormy and should be good for many of us.

I'm serious. Your tone and attitude have def changed over the last month or so. Admit it or not..it has gotten to you..maybe you are coginizant of it.

It's defintely boring, but it's not worth worrying about just yet. I admit it is discouraging to see that AK trough, but I'm willing to give it a few weeks before really worrying. I am totally fine..lol, sometimes I like to correct misinformation and if I sound combative or PMS-like...then I apologize.

I didn't "jump" on you....I'm fooking around because nothing meteorologically interests me, at the moment.

Ha its Nov 17 and things are evolving pretty much on cue. I never expect anything before Dec 15th or so anyway but as you notice these all of a sudden chances seem to keep popping up. The step down process is well underway. Its funny when you think about it. Mass panic in the energy met world. Their Cold Dec calls are in trouble today. The emphasis I watch is on our chances for wintry weather.

Archived