• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    CHSVol
    Newest Member
    CHSVol
Late November/Early December upcoming wx.

CoastalWx

• Replies 1.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Canada is going to be flooded with cold air as per most models. This Pacific mess will not let it get very far into the CONUS though.

I don't know if cold air = any snow in Montreal, but you will certainly be quite a bit colder most of next week than ALB or BOS.

Maybe that southern stream thing can throw some moisture over our marginal cold air here midweek.

well, its another in a string of endless days here

i would keep an eye on that storm for next week in SNE, i think last nights euro ouput looked dubious (free maps)

of course its a torch afterwards.

ifs cooled off in the west finally, but only a trace of snow has fallen in edmonton this year!!

oh EPO gods, where art thou?

Canada is going to be flooded with cold air as per most models. This Pacific mess will not let it get very far into the CONUS though.

I don't know if cold air = any snow in Montreal, but you will certainly be quite a bit colder most of next week than ALB or BOS.

Maybe that southern stream thing can throw some moisture over our marginal cold air here midweek.

Tight gradient with the cold air next week but weds storm possibility has some of us interested

GFS still adverting a decent band of echoes from the Rev to Will and down through the Canal. It actually advertises this starting out in western areas first, then moving east.

I'm more interested in the hang back band that sits just to the NE of Marshfield tihs evening for several hours. Need that to come SW in reality for anything more interesting.

On both of the american models it forms up a little too late and all we'd see IMO is some rain mixing and changing to snow showers. That's just IMO, not being an anti-dendrite.

Yesterday's flight back over was interesting. It was the "endless dusk" ..... I took off in Paris just after sunset and watched the red glint from the recently setting sun in the western sky all the way to Labrador .....

Paris was socked in fog and 36F. Flew over that narrow layer and the temperature jumped to 50F at 2k feet. Very mild over JFK at landing time around 6:30 PM...10C 850 and above 0C all the way to over 8K feet level. -72F was the coldest I saw at cruising altitude on the trip.

Yes others watched movies, but I watched the flight data channel. ;)

skywarn is off today.

Yesterday's flight back over was interesting. It was the "endless dusk" ..... I took off in Paris just after sunset and watched the red glint from the recently setting sun in the western sky all the way to Labrador .....

Paris was socked in fog and 36F. Flew over that narrow layer and the temperature jumped to 50F at 2k feet. Very mild over JFK at landing time around 6:30 PM...10C 850 and above 0C all the way to over 8K feet level. -72F was the coldest I saw at cruising altitude on the trip.

:lol:

I'd expect nothing less.

We should probably watch that storm next week, especially those in the northern part of SNE. It's pretty far out, but looks semi interesting.

Looks great to my Vermont eyes on the Euro.

I think it has the potential to be one of those "out of the hat" timing events for Northern & possibly Central New England.

ASOUT

10 AM UPDATE...CONTINUED THE TREND OF PREV FORECASTER AND LOWER

POPS FOR THE REST OF THE MORNING. SIGNIFICANT DRY AIR IN THE LOW

TO MID LEVELS AS SHOWN IN 12Z SOUNDINGS AT CHH/ALB/OKX. THIS

AMOUNT OF DRY AIR WILL TAKE AWHILE TO MOISTEN UP SO CONFIDENT THAT

ACROSS MOST OF THE INTERIOR WILL BE DRY WITH PERHAPS A SPRINKLE.

ALONG THE SOUTH COAST...THE COLUMN IS BEGINNING TO MOISTEN UP AS

SHOWN IN LAPS SOUNDINGS SO HAVE LEFT A SLIGHT CHANCE OF PRECIP.

BELIEVE THAT THE SOUTH COAST AND CAPE/ISLAND WILL SEE THE MOST

AMOUNT OF RAINFALL WITH THIS STALLED OUT FRONTAL SYSTEM AS THAT

REGION AS THE GREATEST LIFT. AS LOW PRESSURE MOVES NORTHWARD BETWEEN

18Z- 00Z...THE COLUMN WILL MOISTEN UP INT HE INTERIOR AND WITH THE

STRONG CAA BEHIND THE SYSTEM...WET SNOW IS NOT OUT OF THE

QUESTION...WITH AMOUNTS NO GREATER THAN AN INCH. TEMPS HAVE

CONTINUE TO DECLINE...SO BY THE EVENING HOURS IT WILL FEEL LIKE A

BRISK FALL LIKE EVENING.

ASOUT

10 AM UPDATE...CONTINUED THE TREND OF PREV FORECASTER AND LOWER

POPS FOR THE REST OF THE MORNING. SIGNIFICANT DRY AIR IN THE LOW

TO MID LEVELS AS SHOWN IN 12Z SOUNDINGS AT CHH/ALB/OKX. THIS

AMOUNT OF DRY AIR WILL TAKE AWHILE TO MOISTEN UP SO CONFIDENT THAT

ACROSS MOST OF THE INTERIOR WILL BE DRY WITH PERHAPS A SPRINKLE.

ALONG THE SOUTH COAST...THE COLUMN IS BEGINNING TO MOISTEN UP AS

SHOWN IN LAPS SOUNDINGS SO HAVE LEFT A SLIGHT CHANCE OF PRECIP.

BELIEVE THAT THE SOUTH COAST AND CAPE/ISLAND WILL SEE THE MOST

AMOUNT OF RAINFALL WITH THIS STALLED OUT FRONTAL SYSTEM AS THAT

REGION AS THE GREATEST LIFT. AS LOW PRESSURE MOVES NORTHWARD BETWEEN

18Z- 00Z...THE COLUMN WILL MOISTEN UP INT HE INTERIOR AND WITH THE

STRONG CAA BEHIND THE SYSTEM...WET SNOW IS NOT OUT OF THE

QUESTION...WITH AMOUNTS NO GREATER THAN AN INCH. TEMPS HAVE

CONTINUE TO DECLINE...SO BY THE EVENING HOURS IT WILL FEEL LIKE A

BRISK FALL LIKE EVENING.

You and litchfield FTL

I love being on planes that give that data.

System tonight still looks interesting on the NAM/HRRR/RUC but it's so close. Going to need an impressive burst to get it done, it's over 50 down here.

Going back to the discussion earlier regarding EPO/NAO.

It does appear that perhaps the EPO/NAO have a large impact on the pattern when correlated with the PNA (Did I state this correctly?)

Anyways here is what a composite of all the +EPO/-NAO/-PNA Decembers give:

cd71.235.37.152.320.9.28.59.prcp.png

Here is all the +EPO/-NAO/+PNA Decembers:

cd71.235.37.152.320.9.36.59.prcp.png

Archived