• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    CHSVol
    Newest Member
    CHSVol
Late November/Early December upcoming wx.

CoastalWx

Even if it stayed cold it would melt. It's still quite early. Despite the ridge at least the first day appears not much above normal...in fact perhaps low level cold keeps it AOB normal for 1 day before a broader warmth comes in.

Sure would, Just the fact its still november and there is no frozen ground to speak of, A lot would go away even if it was cold out

• Replies 1.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I know...I don't see the significance of a MET throwing out the off chance of an inch to cover his azz, in an AFD.....may as well because its NDB, anyway....why not play it safe.

I would be fine if someone said the possibility of a coating to an inch..it's possible a narrow area could get it. It's the moisture that the GFS and earlier HRRR runs had so far west, that were suspect.

BTW for Kev, whoever is writing the AFD's just climbed back up off the cliff.

BELIEVE OVER THE AFTERNOON HOURS AS TEMPS

CONTINUE TO FALL...CAA CONTINUES ALOFT...A SLIGHT CHANCE FOR WET

SNOW FLURRIES MAY OCCUR STARTING ACROSS HIGHER TERRAIN AND

EVENTUALLY WILL MOVE EASTWARD ACROSS BOS/PVD CORRIDOR. TIMING FOR

SNOW TRANSITION WILL MOST LIKELY BE AROUND 21Z OR AFTERWORDS.-- End Changed Discussion --

I would be fine if someone said the possibility of a coating to an inch..it's possible a narrow area could get it. It's the moisture that the GFS and earlier HRRR runs had so far west, that were suspect.

Or we could have simply followed the euro from yesterday up until now

Exactly.

I don't think those runs warranted RAD hallucinations and hourly vigils, but to each their own.

Or we could have simply followed the euro from yesterday up until now

The EURO was as far SE as the others were NW. It went from about .05 to .15" here in one run for the period around 21-0z. Again all kind of a moot point, but it's the typical pattern we see with all the models.

The only question that remains is whether or not there will be a band of .25 to .5" of precip across SE MA somewhere. NAM said yes, RUC still says yes, others not so much.

Exactly.

I don't think those runs warranted RAD hallucinations and hourly vigils, but to each their own.

It's going to be a long winter if this pattern keeps up.

In the mean time, anyone have an Oregon Scientific thermometer? I can't get mine to work and I think the outside sensor got corroded.

The EURO was as far SE as the others were NW. It went from about .05 to .15" here in one run for the period around 21-0z. Again all kind of a moot point, but it's the typical pattern we see with all the models.

The only question that remains is whether or not there will be a band of .25 to .5" of precip across SE MA somewhere. NAM said yes, RUC still says yes, others not so much.

Usually the models compromise like that. In other words Euro nudges nw and GFS se...but sometimes a model can "trend" more towards the other.

Back to this thread title.

Euro op d10 seems to want to change the orientation a bit of the AK vortex. That appears to mitigate torchiness and may be helpful in allowing NAO to have more influence?

Actually...a big pattern change seems to be starting albeit not overnight. Hts are dramatically higher east of the Caspian and troffiness over eastern Asia with the wave pattern around the NHEM getting scrambled.

What else is there to talk about? 6-7 day Euro forecasts or the overall less than favorable pattern for the next 3-4 weeks?

Even 1/2 of snow is a big deal down here pre Thanksgiving.

I'm not chastizing you, or anyone else for that matter, but merely offering my perspective.

Some have a more profound interest in met than I and that is fine.....not to mention that se MA has a better shot than I do in this.

Usually the models compromise like that. In other words Euro nudges nw and GFS se...but sometimes a model can "trend" more towards the other.

It's just more obvious to all of us that didn't have the euro access previously. Very predictable so far.

Can see the banding is about to setup, going to rock and roll in terms of QPF in a tight band for the netx 5-8 hours.

Actually...a big pattern change seems to be starting albeit not overnight. Hts are dramatically higher east of the Caspian and troffiness over eastern Asia with the wave pattern around the NHEM getting scrambled.

LOL and not even Dec, look at that Arctic blast in the heartland, nice. Man the panic is really funny

Archived