• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    12bet1 net
    Newest Member
    12bet1 net
Late November/Early December upcoming wx.

CoastalWx

Quite the bold statement on Nov 17th, good luck with your forecast. Ignoring next week?

Nothing bold about it, I have nailed this 3 month long torch, beginning of December looks like an inferno. Next week, what about it? A chilly rain for 99% of sne, who cares.

(actually this month has been warmer than I could have ever dreamed) +5 ++ at bos and orh is just mind insanity

• Replies 1.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

0z/6z GFS and 6z/12z NAM both have a weak developing comma head this afternoon into this evening. Need that to amp up a little more or we're going to end up with smooshed flakes versus accumulating wet snow. But the precip is there. Those 4 runs all have some weak semblance of a hang back feature for a few hours. Too weak right now probably.

nam_namer_018_precip_p12.gif

Do you happen have a link to monthly snowfall totals for major stations here (BDL/BOS/ALY/ORH/PVD)

Or do you use the links from BOX site?

I know Ryan said last winter that some of the numbers from the BOX site about BDL were incorrect...tried to find out where he was getting BDL numbers from.

You can get monthly data from http://www.erh.noaa.gov/box/AveragesTotals.shtml

virga fest, nice echoes sliding south of long island, hopefully those clip the cape and islands later, NAM has the best grasp on things right now, on what is ACTUALLY falling vs virga, nam>king combo tough to beat, pulling for Phil and c~weat to get some dendrites later

NAM is kind of interesting for se areas for a couple of hours. Still a little unsure about how far west it gets. Sometimes these things are virga storms with a narrow area getting precip, and sometimes they really blossom as the batch of precip moves ne. I may be wrong, but not sure they'll be much by ORH and Kev.

virga fest, nice echoes sliding south of long island, hopefully those clip the cape and islands later, NAM has the best grasp on things right now, on what is ACTUALLY falling vs virga, nam>king combo tough to beat, pulling for Phil and c~weat to get some dendrites later
The main show comes late this afternoon and tonite, always was supposed to..Not really sure what you're talking about

The main show comes late this afternoon and tonite, always was supposed to..Not really sure what you're talking about

Well Kevin, I guess we see the radar and nam and euro differently. Pulling for the cape though, just dont see the precip here or up by you.......sprinkles/flurries sure

NAM is kind of interesting for se areas for a couple of hours. Still a little unsure about how far west it gets. Sometimes these things are virga storms with a narrow area getting precip, and sometimes they really blossom as the batch of precip moves ne. I may be wrong, but not sure they'll be much by ORH and Kev.

i think there's a really short window in there right around 00z where it could/should mix or flip for a time...a lot of the meaningful precip is done by then so it'll have to cool off fast.

Archived