joxey
    Newest Member
    joxey
October 29/30 Snowstorm OBS thread

ChrisM

• Replies 2.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Picked up 6" total from this rare storm. Only about 30 mins of rain before the snow kicked in yesterday afternoon, but a 4 hour rain/ sleet change over in the middle of it all last night killed the chances of getting higher amounts. Good advance calls by the mets and enthusiests alike for this tricky once in a lifetime event. Hats off to all.

I was right within my low end that was called by many (6-12), or in the middle of some other ranges called out (4-6), or even the high end of some others (3-6").

I will throw some photos up later.

:snowman:

Phew just made it, you got more than me.

IMO and again I'm not political at all on this issue, but this is how I see global warming playing out. Adds more fuel to the fire so we can have these incredibly dynamic situations which in turn can produce out of season type events. I think we're entering a period of continued extreme weather events. I fully expect we are going to see a blizzard of 1888 proportions that when measured nowadays with the dense grid of observers will dwarf anything seen previously.

huh.gif There was fuel to the fire here because it was an anomalous trough digging south upstream of a well positioned 50/50 low which had ushered in a fresh cold airmass which clashed epically with the conveyor belt of warm moist air from the Atlantic as the low developed.

Sorry, but I really cannot associate individual storms with unique circumstances to global climate change.

huh.gif There was fuel to the fire here because it was an anomalous trough digging south upstream of a well positioned 50/50 low which had ushered in a fresh cold airmass which clashed epically with the conveyor belt of warm moist air from the Atlantic as the low developed.

Sorry, but I really cannot associate individual storms with unique circumstances to global climate change.

OT but I'm not relating it to individual storms. Look at the last x years, we've had more huge events coast wide and nationwide than at any time in modern recorded history. Again could be sunspot activity, ocean currents, coincidence etc, but I tend to doubt it. Seasonal volatility would be what I expect in a changing pattern, what causes it who knows. We'll see in the next xx years.

I will bump my thread check it out

Thanks

1.5 to 2in tops. All but gone now. I fully expected this though. That cf meant business. I was stuck in that 39/40f range for hours. I think the gfs verified better imby than any other guidance.

I think it went as planned. The lower levels were just too warm. Even the euro showed that. It has the lower 1000' pretty darn warm. If this were one month from now, you would have had >20"

Archived