Newest Member
    northernriwx
potential for a few mangled flakes part 3

earthlight

• Replies 885
  • Created
  • Last Reply

36.7 and rain in piscataway by Rutgers

Will be there in a few hours for the game. Hoping it's snowing for the game rather than raining - for aesthetic and comfort reasons, as there's nothing worse than a cold, windy rainstorm. The NWS hourly weather graphic doesn't have the changeover until about 4 pm, but based on the reports on this board, I would think the changeover would be sooner. And the Weather Channel forecast on TV ("on the eights") for Central Jersey is calling for 5-8" of total snowfall - haven't seen anyone call for that much in the Somerset-Middlesex County area.

Will be there in a few hours for the game. Hoping it's snowing for the game rather than raining - for aesthetic and comfort reasons, as there's nothing worse than a cold, windy rainstorm. The NWS hourly weather graphic doesn't have the changeover until about 4 pm, but based on the reports on this board, I would think the changeover would be sooner. And the Weather Channel forecast on TV ("on the eights") for Central Jersey is calling for 5-8" of total snowfall - haven't seen anyone call for that much in the Somerset-Middlesex County area.

Just started to mixwith snow. The game might be crazy.

Alot of discrepancies. Northern Somerset county is in a warning but only forecasted to get 2 to 6". Middlesex has an advisory and now my part of Union county is in a warning for 6 to 10" of snow. If I see anywhere near that the higher elevations of Somerset are getting a lot more. Someone's going to bust one way or the other

It'll be a coin toss, 37 degrees at 2pm at LGA by NAM. I'd guess it is snow by 8 pm, but its is still close, and its almost over by then per NAM.

why is it almost over by then per the nam? Theres still the wrap around band. Regardless of what the 12z nam model is showing on the sim reflectivities and qpf, theres still going to be a wrap around shield to come through after 00z. Take what you can get

why is it almost over by then per the nam? Theres still the wrap around band. Regardless of what the 12z nam model is showing on the sim reflectivities and qpf, theres still going to be a wrap around shield to come through after 00z. Take what you can get

yes, it snows at least through 3z. and that is assuming NAM isn't too far displaced with the deform, it hasn't setup yet. Hi Res models, especially SPC WRF will be better at seeing that, even over the NAM.

Archived