amirah5
    Newest Member
    amirah5
potential for a few mangled flakes part 3

earthlight

• Replies 885
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Alot of discrepancies. Northern Somerset county is in a warning but only forecasted to get 2 to 6". Middlesex has an advisory and now my part of Union county is in a warning for 6 to 10" of snow. If I see anywhere near that the higher elevations of Somerset are getting a lot more. Someone's going to bust one way or the other

Yep, not a great collaboration job, although I'm sure those guys are so busy trying to figure out what's going on that worrying about a few inconsistencies is way down on their list. By the way, just starting to see some flakes mixing in with the rain here in Metuchen. C'mon snow!

I doubt all of us will reach our forecasted highs. My forecasted high is 45.

50 miles north of the City, my forecasted high was 41. I'm currently at 43.6. I see on Mesonet that Peekskill at 200ft is 42.

Fortunately the dews are 15 degrees lower and we should get into the mid/upper 30s within the next few hours.

I'm pretty appalled at the Weather Channel. Nationally theyre ddoing a good job but locally, oy. First off, they aare scrolling a warning for us when we hhave none... And the warning they aare scrolling is for 2-6 and the weather channel has 5-8 inches... Although I find it ambiguous when they said 3-5 today and "5-8 accumulating tonight". What a mess. So in the end the NWS has 1-3 aand thwyre going 5-8. Oy vey. I'm sure tthe public wwill understand...

I'm pretty appalled at the Weather Channel. Nationally theyre ddoing a good job but locally, oy. First off, they aare scrolling a warning for us when we hhave none... And the warning they aare scrolling is for 2-6 and the weather channel has 5-8 inches... Although I find it ambiguous when they said 3-5 today and "5-8 accumulating tonight". What a mess. So in the end the NWS has 1-3 aand thwyre going 5-8. Oy vey. I'm sure tthe public wwill understand...

I believe the TWC covers for where your cable company is located. On Long Island, we get Nassau's warnings in Suffolk, and some of what your seeing are probably computer generated forecasts.

Archived