amirah5
    Newest Member
    amirah5
First Winter Storm Threat (Oct 27/28) for New England 2011/12 - III

Baroclinic Zone

• Replies 1.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I've started an obs thread so people can report transitoins/accumulations today. Since we wiill also have some tracking going on here of Saturday, that may keep things clean. If a mod thinkks otherwise, go ahead and close it.

http://www.americanwx.com/bb/index.php/topic/28303-october-27-storm-observations-and-reports/

38.8/38

Op Euro is pretty warm the first week of Novie. Hopefully the ensembles are cooler. We were supposed to have another nice cold shot around the 4th..but the op lost that

Looks seasonable to a little above in the 11-15 day. Gonna be quiet for a while after another potential cstl next week.

Looks seasonable to a little above in the 11-15 day. Gonna be quiet for a while after another potential cstl next week.

Scot--do you think we'll have good data to fine-tune forecasts for later today/tonight or will it really be an issue of adjustments based on ground observations? Given marginal conditoins, I suspect the latter, but what do I know.

38,7/38

Scot--do you think we'll have good data to fine-tune forecasts for later today/tonight or will it really be an issue of adjustments based on ground observations? Given marginal conditoins, I suspect the latter, but what do I know.

38,7/38

I think from here on out, it's a nowcast thing. I guess the 12Z NAM will have a good say at things too. Models like the RUC will be good to see how the secondary burst of precip will develop later on.

Op Euro is pretty warm the first week of Novie. Hopefully the ensembles are cooler. We were supposed to have another nice cold shot around the 4th..but the op lost that

I like the idea of a little pause in early November then the next pulse down hits us hard in mid/late November when we can all make hay. We don't want to shoot our load in late Oct/early Nov....a little taste, pull back an then BAM! Also might be because I'll be out of the county in early November.

Impressed by a "quick" 5 mile run. Do you run during snow? When I used to run I loved that.

I like the idea of a little pause in early November then the next pulse down hits us hard in mid/late November when we can all make hay. We don't want to shoot our load in late Oct/early Nov....a little taste, pull back an then BAM! Also might be because I'll be out of the county in early November.

Impressed by a "quick" 5 mile run. Do you run during snow? When I used to run I loved that.

Yes..I ran all of last winter...if it's only an inch or 2 o the rds..it's fine..but if it's deeper than that I won't run

Archived