northernriwx
    Newest Member
    northernriwx
First Winter Storm Threat (Oct 27/28) for New England 2011/12 - III

Baroclinic Zone

• Replies 1.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Will, any thoughts on current upstream obs?

Eh, I do not think they mean much right now because most of our frozen precip is going to be coming from the PVA from that vortmax coming through N PA tomorrow afternoon. The upstream obs are probably only significant for the cold rain we will get tomorrow afternoon before the main show tomorrow evening.

Eh, I do not think they mean much right now because most of our frozen precip is going to be coming from the PVA from that vortmax coming through N PA tomorrow afternoon. The upstream obs are probably only significant for the cold rain we will get tomorrow afternoon before the main show tomorrow evening.

I'm sort of hoping to maybe see a few flakes from this first round of precip. Elevation (or lack thereof) will be a killer here.

111027051126.gif

111027050848.gif111027050855.gif

Do you think we'll have two distinct batches of precip?

I'm sort of hoping to maybe see a few flakes from this first round of precip. Elevation (or lack thereof) will be a killer here.

Yeah for NNE, it might be of some interest. Obviously the game there will in the that first batch...it wont be as heavy as further south, but if you can get some cooling, then perhaps you pick up a bit.

38.6 here now.... I got in around 11:30 after a long day down in NYC and environs. Lots of sun and low 60's there, drove into fog, light rain, etc. around 130 miles north of the city. Slow drop here since I got in.

Archived