• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    northernriwx
    Newest Member
    northernriwx
First Winter Storm Threat (Oct 27/28) for New England 2011/12 - III

Baroclinic Zone

That's a sick burst. I think either time around 00z...like 2 hrs either side could rock for some.

Thats my chance I think...try and rip for 2-3 hours and pick up a quick 2" with +SN and 32-33F.

Meanwhile it will be 35F and rain down around I-84 at exit 68.

Kev1.jpg

• Replies 1.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

It does hurt, but c'mon dude, its october. There will be more chances. This is like me complaining about a 44F nor'easter in May and wishing it was snow. It happens.

I do understand the frustration of "wasting" a good pattern this early, but its so early, I don't think its worth it. If it was Thanksgiving, I'd hear you more.

That's the thing. What makes you seem there will be more chances in a Nina winter. I'm scared that this is as good as well get

You're acting like it's not going to snow here over the next 3 days. We have tonight..and then the bomb on the weekend..so again..I don't get it

Oh it will snow there. I think you actually have a decent chance to pick up an inch or so....but I was just ribbing your posts of 1-3/2-4...I don't think you have much chance of seeing those higher totals. There could def be a bit of gradient of people who see 2-3" and then not too far south gets 0.5" or something.

This weekend is up in the air. We might see something, but its still 50/50 IMHO...the synoptic setup is almost perfect if it weren't for that kicker.

Oh it will snow there. I think you actually have a decent chance to pick up an inch or so....but I was just ribbing your posts of 1-3/2-4...I don't think you have much chance of seeing those higher totals. There could def be a bit of gradient of people who see 2-3" and then not too far south gets 0.5" or something.

This weekend is up in the air. We might see something, but its still 50/50 IMHO...the synoptic setup is almost perfect if it weren't for that kicker.

That's my point..if I was going to get nothing then post the pics..An inch or 2 is all I'm thinking.

Are the Euro ens west like the op.

and more importantly..is the Nogaps west/

That's my point..if I was going to get nothing then post the pics..An inch or 2 is all I'm thinking.

Are the Euro ens west like the op.

and more importantly..is the Nogaps west/

Yes the Euro ensembles are west again. Its def a big red flag in forecasting this to whiff wide right.

The Euro ensembles actually look like a pretty huge hit.

THE ONE ITEM THAT`S KINDA LIKE THE ELEPHANT IN THE ROOM IS THE GEFS ENSEMBLES WHICH ALL GO TO SNOW AND PRODUCE 3-4 INCHES OF SNOW AT ALB. BUT THEY ARE USING A STATISTICAL TECHNIQUE THAT`S BASED ON MID WINTER MONTHS...NOT OCT...AND ITS ALITTLE HARD TO MAKE IT SNOW WHEN ITS 40 DEGREES.

ALY makes a funny

Archived