12bet1 net
    Newest Member
    12bet1 net
First Winter Storm Threat (Oct 27/28) for New England 2011/12 - III

Baroclinic Zone

• Replies 1.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Sureal that it's only October and in full winter mode. Unlike past years this site becomes valuable as the one-stop "As-the-models-turn" updater. Employeer will actually fire people for internet use. Cell mania is the only recourse. Don't understand that my passion is not fixing circuits but how many flakes fall.

I'll be happy just to see a few tonight and diappointed if we miss the bomb Saturday.

Westward - Ho ....

Sureal that it's only October and in full winter mode. Unlike past years this site becomes valuable as the one-stop "As-the-models-turn" updater. Employeer will actually fire people for internet use. Cell mania is the only recourse. Don't understand that my passion is not fixing circuits but how many flakes fall.

I'll be happy just to see a few tonight and diappointed if we miss the bomb Saturday.

Westward - Ho ....

I'd like to see a few flakes tonight.

I'm pretty happy with exactly where the Euro is at for Saturday.

SREFs and NAM still say the around 22Z till 02Z or so, we get another burst of QPF. Looks really nice form Pete to MPM and even to Will. Still a little questionable south of the CT border, but I think the REV gets some white.

Yeah I think Kevin does...around 1000' and higher should be just cold enough for flakes, especially if the burst of precip is pretty heavy. The warmth layer isn't really all too warm so heavier precip should withstand it. I could see him possibly getting close to 0.75'' to 1'' or so. Perhaps a bit more if the change occurs early enough.

I think even some valley spots here will get some snow showers but not much in the way of accumulation expect some white patches on the grass.

If the Euro is right even I'd get some snow which #1 should be cause for concern. Would be a pretty historic event if the immediate coast got an inch in October.

I don't think anyone on the coast gets an inch... I think its going to be wet snow resulting in absolutely no accums... it is interior cp and elevations that could see some.. like arlington heights.. belmont.. milton.. etc etc

I don't think anyone on the coast gets an inch... I think its going to be wet snow resulting in absolutely no accums... it is interior cp and elevations that could see some.. like arlington heights.. belmont.. milton.. etc etc

BOS at Logan would no doubt see more than an inch....IF that verified.

I dunno, that weekend storm is really wound up and there is very cold air aloft with heavy rates. I would bet that it'd accumulate all the way to the coast with surface temps of 32-34. Based on the 0z euro.

I dunno, that weekend storm is really wound up and there is very cold air aloft with heavy rates. I would bet that it'd accumulate all the way to the coast with surface temps of 32-34. Based on the 0z euro.

yeah the euro would be snow well down into SE MA...and would probably mix or changeover even out here the cape at times. with the low that far offshore the marine taint would be minimized everywhere except for extreme SE MA/cape/islands. that's a lot different than having it cut up over my head as it was doing earlier in the week. the maritime influence is *almost* non-existent under the kind of flow shown on this morning's run.

Lull in the rainfall here now and holding at 36F since I got up. According to the NAM we would just be getting to 0C at 850 now. I'm hopefull that things could get fun here this afternoon as the 850 temps slip to -3C and the enhanced precip. area sets up.

We've got three threads going now:

1) this one

2) the Oct 27 Obs thread I started

3) the Saturday thread that Bob started.

I recommend we shift to 2 and 3 since this one's already near 1000 posts.

Archived