• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    joxey
    Newest Member
    joxey
Light snow event 12/10 obs

Damage In Tolland

14F with steady light snow. 1/4" of new snow since it started an hour or two ago.

Our fluffy snowstorm has now settled out to only 8" on the ground here at the house.

The town is filled with southern New Englanders who came up for the weekend to see snow... the hotel I moonlight at had a ton of check-ins from the SNH and EMA (Boston primarily) areas and everyone was so excited to get here and see snow. Everyone kept saying how they hadn't seen any snow yet this season and even on the drive up they didn't notice snow on the ground till they were a few miles out on I-89. Most of the folks couldn't believe the gradient of no snow to buried snow around these parts. Its awesome to see the weenie in everyone come out when the town is covered in snow, holiday lights, and a steady light falling snow to set the mood.

Just a great atmosphere here in Stowe tonight.

• Replies 271
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Based on the low level returns increasing quickly across wrn RI to the west of 295, I'd say I'll start seeing flakes here in Attleboro by 10-1015.

Back south chasing this big snow event?

We've finally gotten rid of the "1 flake every 10 seconds" snow...we are up to a steady light snow now. Still high vis but at least you can actually see snow outside at the street light.

Yeah, doing a few fixes on the old homestead in attlehole before i sell it. I just got ambitious and tried to change out some damaged vinyl siding on my shed in the dark. FAIL. Wl wait til morning.

Anyway, yeah, its been so cold here last few days that any snow that falls, no matter how little, will accum...so thats nice. It's not the typical 1st half of dec storm that i have gotten accustomed to, lol, but any snow is nice.

Too bad we couldnt get a 12/05 repeat while i am down.

:-(

Yeah, doing a few fixes on the old homestead in attlehole before i sell it. I just got ambitious and tried to change out some damaged vinyl siding on my shed in the dark. FAIL. Wl wait til morning.

Anyway, yeah, its been so cold here last few days that any snow that falls, no matter how little, will accum...so thats nice. It's not the typical 1st half of dec storm that i have gotten accustomed to, lol, but any snow is nice.

Too bad we couldnt get a 12/05 repeat while i am down.

:-(

Well at least if you are there Sunday you will get your fav 950 wind at 75 knots while the surface is gusting to 35 , hearing the roar above you.inversion FTL

Archived