Weathernoob335
    Newest Member
    Weathernoob335
Light snow event 12/10 obs

Damage In Tolland

• Replies 271
  • Created
  • Last Reply

It depends where. I do like how the vortmax shows up on the radar, but I think some of that may dry up. I suppose I wouldn't be drop dead shocked if someone down that way got .5-1", but I don't expect it right now.

My DP is 3 right now. That's some dry air for this "clipper" to overcome to produce anything more than flurries.

That vortmax down over PA is doing whatever it can to produce some snow. Even snow down in Mid Atlantic. That vortmax tracks across the south coast of New England but weakens a little. I wouldn't be shocked if that light snow does accompany it, but it may fracture into two parts. Will be interesting to follow.

The other thing to watch, will be to see if any OES like stuff develops on srly flow. I mentioned yesterday that maybe parts of the southern coast of sne and the Cape may get a little moisture boost from srly winds off the water. I wonder if we get a couple of bands or cellular look to the radar with elements coming off the waters of LI sound or Buzzards Bay. It doesn't mean much and may not even happen, but would be neat to see and perhaps give somebody a little boost for snow.

The other thing to watch, will be to see if any OES like stuff develops on srly flow. I mentioned yesterday that maybe parts of the southern coast of sne and the Cape may get a little moisture boost from srly winds off the water. I wonder if we get a couple of bands or cellular look to the radar with elements coming off the waters of LI sound or Buzzards Bay. It doesn't mean much and may not even happen, but would be neat to see and perhaps give somebody a little boost for snow.

ha...i was looking at this idea this morning. yeah flow turns southerly in a little while. i've seen episodes where you don't even truly develop new OES but the stuff that is precipitating out there now on the NW flow bends around and shifts north before dissipating as the actual dynamics to produce the snow fall apart. so in essence, the whole cloud shield sort of propagates northward.

ha...i was looking at this idea this morning. yeah flow turns southerly in a little while. i've seen episodes where you don't even truly develop new OES but the stuff that is precipitating out there now on the NW flow bends around and shifts north before dissipating as the actual dynamics to produce the snow fall apart. so in essence, the whole cloud shield sort of propagates northward.

Yeah I know exactly what you mean. It veers with the flow in the waa scheme. LOL, pretty lame to be talking about it, but something to watch. I enjoy little mesoscale things like that anyways.

Yeah I know exactly what you mean. It veers with the flow in the waa scheme. LOL, pretty lame to be talking about it, but something to watch. I enjoy little mesoscale things like that anyways.

absolutely.

it's funny that you posted this though. i was going to say something earlier about wondering if folks along S RI, SE MA, Cape or somewhere in there (BID eastward?) might see this kind of thing but figured kevin would get mad.

anyhow...vis. sat doesn't look overly impressive for this general theme but who knows.

absolutely.

it's funny that you posted this though. i was going to say something earlier about wondering if folks along S RI, SE MA, Cape or somewhere in there (BID eastward?) might see this kind of thing but figured kevin would get mad.

anyhow...vis. sat doesn't look overly impressive for this general theme but who knows.

Probably because you and I live near the water, and we've seen it before..lol.

Archived