Toothache
October 2011 Banter/Obs/Disco Part III

HoarfrostHubb

• Replies 1.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Nevermind - I checked the Google.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Indian_summer

H. E. Ware, who noted that ships at that time traversing the Indian Ocean loaded up their cargo the most during the "Indian Summer", or fair weather season. Several ships actually had an "I.S." on their hull at the load level thought safe during the Indian Summer.

Big big changes on the Euro in the extended...massive cold shot next week with highs in the 40's and 50's and lows in the 20's and 30's...Question is...is it right? Big continuity change. I'd bet the ensembles aren't nearly as cold

No they aren't, but this is the cooldown that we've been talking about for a few days now. It doesn't look overly impressive to me right now, but more October like anyways.

Gotta be careful in GC. Lots of shootings.

Person shot by arrow in Plainfield

Plainfield PD investigating bow & arrow incident

Updated: Monday, 10 Oct 2011, 11:49 PM EDT

Published : Monday, 10 Oct 2011, 7:54 PM EDT

• Kara Dominick

PLAINFIELD, Mass. (WWLP) - Plainfield police are investigating a report of a person shot with an arrow.

Environmental Police Dispatcher Flaherty confirmed for 22News that the Plainfield police are investigating an incident involving a bow and arrow that took place Monday night near the Kenneth Dubuque Memorial Forest.

We are still waiting for information about the circumstances surrounding the incident.

No word yet on the person who was shot or the extent of injuries.

Be sure to watch 22News at 11 for the latest information. We'll also have updates on WWLP.com.

Yesterday it was showing widespread 80's again for next week..now it;s got a cold shot at the same time the torch was..LOL

People need to realize how unstable operational runs can be beyond day 7. Don't take them seriously. That's why we have ensembles. Sometimes they are correct, but any operational run beyond day 7 is usually just one of those fwiw things to me. Sometimes they can signal certain things, but I still would not take them verbatim.

Gotta be careful in GC. Lots of shootings.

Person shot by arrow in Plainfield

Plainfield PD investigating bow & arrow incident

Updated: Monday, 10 Oct 2011, 11:49 PM EDT

Published : Monday, 10 Oct 2011, 7:54 PM EDT

• Kara Dominick

PLAINFIELD, Mass. (WWLP) - Plainfield police are investigating a report of a person shot with an arrow.

Environmental Police Dispatcher Flaherty confirmed for 22News that the Plainfield police are investigating an incident involving a bow and arrow that took place Monday night near the Kenneth Dubuque Memorial Forest.

We are still waiting for information about the circumstances surrounding the incident.

No word yet on the person who was shot or the extent of injuries.

Be sure to watch 22News at 11 for the latest information. We'll also have updates on WWLP.com.

Were you hunting dinner again??

Amazing how fast the leaves changed over the last 5 days here. And they are instantly falling...just brown, ugly red and some yellow and falling immediately

That's been the case here for the past two weeks. The pelting has really accelerated over the past week. Kind of funny to not have any colored leaves to rake. They're so brown and crunchy you'd think you had waited for the final drop before raking (which is what I do except for the piles I make for my daughter).

Warm overnight.

53.4/50 headed for the upper 60's I guess.

This has been such an awfully boring pattern. Just put me in a coma until Thanksgiving.

I can't believe you'd pass on all those Reese's and snickers. I've been gorging on candy corn since Labor Day.

Meanwhile, have moved my station for the tree work that' I think is taking place today. I'd hate to have the repaired station done in from a tree being felled 40' away. I htink the folks at Davis would get a big laugh over that repair. So, it's readings today are coming from the deck not it's official siting. No doubt, it'll be reading cooler. :arrowhead:

Hard to believe we're on our third October thread and it's not even halfway through the month. You'd think we had been tracking three major snow events to pile ip so many posts. Instead, a few days of warm temps. Can only imagine how it will be when something of significance comes along. We'll need the post police out in full force.

Just saw photos a friend posted from SE CT yesterday (East Lyme, I believe). Looked almost all green. I've been away from New London so long I've forgotten how late the change can occur. But, I still thought it was earlier than now.

Peak for the CT shoreline is right around Halloween... sometimes can be early November if you have a very warm October.

Peak for the CT shoreline is right around Halloween... sometimes can be early November if you have a very warm October.

Plus I feel like that area on through the Cape has a lot of oak trees which are always late to change. The type of tree that is indigenous to an area definitely helps out with the foliage, but the plant life could also be a part of the climate too.

Plus I feel like that area on through the Cape has a lot of oak trees which are always late to change. The type of tree that is indigenous to an area definitely helps out with the foliage, but the plant life could also be a part of the climate too.

Yeah you're correct... it's a combination of both.

Unfortunately this year the sugar maples are in rough shape. So combine dull foliage to begin with and fungus on sugar maples you have a pretty bad year.

Yeah you're correct... it's a combination of both.

Unfortunately this year the sugar maples are in rough shape. So combine dull foliage to begin with and fungus on sugar maples you have a pretty bad year.

I guess I forgot the lateness of the change growing up. My yard had a couple of oaks but maples made up the of what we had to rake.

Up here, the raking area is 100% maples, but once you head into the woods out back we go to about 55% maple, 15% pine 15% Cherry, 15% other (birch, butternut, aspen).

I just walked out and took these pictures of the pond out back and of some of the maples that have shed a ton (most in some cases) of their leaves on the Pit's lawn already. Contrary to some folks' calculation of percentages, we're about 95% changed and about 15% dropped. Of course, that latter number changes by the minute. :)

66.0/46 on the Davis in the sun, 67 on the Home Depot 15' away from it in the shade.

Archived