bowsunski
    Newest Member
    bowsunski
October 2011 Banter/Obs/Disco Part III

HoarfrostHubb

• Replies 1.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

drove around the route 9 /100 area in s. vt yesterday at 2k ......beautiful color and landscape..

..i also drove a lil further west on 9 bc i had to stop at woodford state park to see the snow magnet of SW vermont in the flesh

did the stratton mtn area the day before ...the color yesterday was awesome thou.

next time i will make sure i stop at savoy state park. seems to me SSP is really the bullseye for snow in mass. they also seem to get in on a decent amount of lake effect.suprisingly ..but not nearly as much as woodford state park collects as lake bands thread the needle to accumulate in that little nook of sw vt on occassion.

drove around the route 9 /100 area in s. vt yesterday at 2k ......beautiful color and landscape..

..i also drove a lil further west on 9 bc i had to stop at woodford state park to see the snow magnet of SW vermont in the flesh

did the stratton mtn area the day before ...the color yesterday was awesome thou.

next time i will make sure i stop at savoy state park. seems to me SSP is really the bullseye for snow in mass. they also seem to get in on a decent amount of lake effect.suprisingly ..but not nearly as much as woodford state park collects as lake bands thread the needle to accumulate in that little nook of sw vt on occassion.

The lake in Savoy is a nice spot. Also, you should take a hike out at the Mohawk State Forest. Nice place--bring your bear spray.

Stop at the Pit on your back from either of those places.

51.4/48

A little further west on 9 and you could have been in lovely ENY. :) Actually the war monument and Grandma Moses Museum just west of DDH are nice ...then you enter Rensselaer County.

A lot cooler here today ...BKN to OVC and holding in the mid 50's.

I can see Greylock to the east from about 1/2 mile east of here on a high spot.... Then from a half mile north up the road I can see Equinox and also quite a few Green Mountains peaks. Assuming clear wx......

there is so much of the area i would like to explore....especially on a day when there is some lake effect streamers filtering in

But someone posted that it's just grey and bare at 2k and that's well south in Mass..can't be ay leaves left in VT

But someone posted that it's just grey and bare at 2k and that's well south in Mass..can't be ay leaves left in VT

Haha it's bare up here above 2500 but peak foliage below that. No way he's down to past peak bare trees yet. But that part of GC does have a climate similar to 3-4k feet in the northern greens.

Hopefully the NAM isn't right for the north shore flooding redux it has tonight.

looks like this is some convective feedback unlike the last time where it had pegged the band of strongest frontogenesis. You can see the sfc low it spins up that heads northeast near the convection.

looks like this is some convective feedback unlike the last time where it had pegged the band of strongest frontogenesis. You can see the sfc low it spins up that heads northeast near the convection.

Yeah it spins up the low near the Cape, but it looked like the heavy rain was along a pseudo coastal front. SREFs have this area as a secondary max too, but not like the NAM. The NAM is probably a little overdone here, but maybe it's right with the second QPF max?

1-27-11

Yummy.... Gets me excited... Favorite memory was the first picture.. Heaviest snow I had seen in my entire life... Sad that twice last winter only to be trumped later on in the winter by this storm.. Awesome to be walking around at 4AM when the plows had abandoned plowing the side streets entering Broadway and the streets were completely impassable.

25i5bme.jpg

2uh6dfp.jpg

Archived