Total Members
    Most Online
    12bet1 net
    Newest Member
    12bet1 net
October 2011 Banter/Obs/Disco Part III

HoarfrostHubb

Scooter all over the place...

"In turn, the airlines began planning to cancel hundreds of flights, inconveniencing thousands of people.

Later at home, Mr. Nogueira, who works for WSI, a forecasting unit of the Weather Channel Cos., stayed up until 1:30 a.m. tracking computer-forecasting models online. "Geez," he told his wife Alison, "I hope that forecast pans out."

But when Mr. Nogueira failed to foresee the duration of a line of severe thunderstorms that forced numerous flight diversions, "we heard about it that day," he says. "That caused big problems for Miami." After making a mistake, "you sort of tuck your tail between your legs and think, 'Oh, geez, I wish I had made a better call.' " Then he studied the storm, to help him foresee similar patterns in the future. "

-wsj article

Hey Phil, good to see you on the board. Hope things are well.

• Replies 1.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

im talking about the ones you have been showing for this storm and just looking at the euro over the last few days, gradient wind fail.

??? the other thread on the 8Th the Euro showed 20-25 kts tomorrow but then on the 10th I posted this Looking just meh here wind wise but will feel like a raw fall storm.

Yep. Last days of the peak. Highest terrain looking grey and bare already.

But someone posted that it's just grey and bare at 2k and that's well south in Mass..can't be ay leaves left in VT

I did not say "just grey and bare".

Haha it's bare up here above 2500 but peak foliage below that. No way he's down to past peak bare trees yet. But that part of GC does have a climate similar to 3-4k feet in the northern greens.

Across the high terrain here it is now 50+% bare. I snapped this pic on my way home. The road is at about 1400' the hill in the background rises to about 1650'. It was pouring rain when I went through Peru where the trees have lost the most so I didn't bother stopping. It is plain to see that many trees are now leafless and grey. There is some nice color that has emerged out of the dullness but by this time next week all that is likely to remain are the rusty oaks. I know you will both apologize to me for being dickish.

Archived