12bet1 net
    Newest Member
    12bet1 net
October Obs.

jrips27

• Replies 1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Pretty nice rain band just moved through..a bit heavier than what you would expect given the radar but not surprising given the type of airmass. Probably will be rather rainy most of the day per radar..been a while since I actually had a rainy day. I sure hope we get at least an inch or two, it's desperately needed here.

Looks like we could get some residual rain out of this in Knoxville. Yesterday had a lot of high clouds but wasn't all that overcast.

I don't really need the rain now. My irrigation system is working like a charm and in spite of a recent lack of rain I now have the greenest lawn in the neighborhood.

I checked the morning models. Another central NC screwjob lining up. I feel for the people in the coastal plain who are going to get a dumping after already being flooded this year. C'est la vie.

Trust me if there was a way for me to let you get every single drop that is suppose to fall on eastern NC I would, we dont want/need it at all and it sucks.

That said its only looking like around a inch or so around here which is much better than what we were thinking several days ago.

Woohoo! I have rain. Not a lot, but it's wet. T

:thumbsup: Just a stray raindrop or 3 here and a beautiful 69 degrees :wub:

Pretty nice rain band just moved through..a bit heavier than what you would expect given the radar but not surprising given the type of airmass. Probably will be rather rainy most of the day per radar..been a while since I actually had a rainy day. I sure hope we get at least an inch or two, it's desperately needed here.

:thumbsup:

I checked the morning models. Another central NC screwjob lining up. I feel for the people in the coastal plain who are going to get a dumping after already being flooded this year. C'est la vie.

12Z has dropped me down to 0.41" for the upcoming 'event', per meteostar.com. Certainly not the 1-1.5" this morning's AFD calls for, or the 1-2" in the HWO.

FWIW the 12Z GFS brings mid to low 30's and possible the first freeze down into the Birmingham-Atlanta Metro areas in 10 days. The GFS digs a deep trough down into the south, as a piece of energy phases with northern stream energy and the NE gets a nor'easter. Again FWIW.

Bring it! Wouldn't mind a few rogue snowflakes either.

Finally getting some rain here, not a lot yet but the ground is wet and so is my hat. :)

FWIW the 12Z GFS brings mid to low 30's and possible the first freeze down into the Birmingham-Atlanta Metro areas in 10 days. The GFS digs a deep trough down into the south, as a piece of energy phases with northern stream energy and the NE gets a nor'easter. Again FWIW.

I saw that as well. It has me getting down to -1 at 850 so it would probably be colder than the weekend before last. It's been raining pretty good in Smyrna for the last hour or so. A good steady rain.

.2 now in the back yard. A little more in the front :) What has me more impressed than getting rain, is several days of wind out of the northeast. I hope this is setting up a pattern for the winter! Moisture moving into a cold flow from the ne. How nice that would be! Getting some good gusts today too. It would be perfect here if it were 30 degrees, or so, cooler, lol, but even without that it is a danged fine day. T

About 2 inches of rain has fallen today. Very heavy band of rain to our west is just sitting there. According to the flood warnings, has about 1-2 inches of rain per hour and the special weather statement, those storms have winds up to 45-50mph. I see an occasional flash of lighting here and there. Its still quite windy too.

12Z has dropped me down to 0.41" for the upcoming 'event', per meteostar.com. Certainly not the 1-1.5" this morning's AFD calls for, or the 1-2" in the HWO.

18Z GFS came in with even less --- only .31". Planning on waterhoses again this week in the gardens.

Picked up around 0.25 yesterday and there has been a very nice steady rain this morning with an additional 0.40. Although the heaviest is just to my south, I'm still lucky enough to be in this stationary band of rain that is moving SE to NW. Radar estimates have as much as 2 inches south of athens which might be a little underdone since radar is underestimating totals here just a little bit. Combine that with the pretty strong winds this morning and you have the makings for a beautiful day here so far. This band shows no signs of moving..it's been in the same spot since before 5:30 when I woke up, so hopefully that means several more hours of this very much needed rain.

not sure the amount so far today, but i sure wish this would happen in another month and a half lol. a nice ne wind the last couple of days, with moisture and cool temps. enough precip to do some good, but not enough for a devastating ice storm :devilsmiley: had gusts over 20 mph and its been stuck around 57 for about 24 hours

Archived