• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    wigl5l6k
    Newest Member
    wigl5l6k
Central PA Fall Thread II

JamieOber

The only West PA one I have is the Laurel Ridge one I mentioned earlier. The ski club that runs it does not run it between Apr. and Oct.

I too am interested in any PA links.

The 511PA traffic site has some good webcams. It appears it is mixing in now at 2400ft on the US 22 webcam at Dishong Mtn Rd.

• Replies 708
  • Created
  • Last Reply

CTP:

INCREASING PRECIP RATES WILL COINCIDE WITH THE COLDEST LOW-MID AIRLATE TONIGHT THROUGH MID MORNING SUNDAY ACROSS CENTRAL AND SWRNPENN...LIKELY LEADING TO A CHANGEOVER TO PERIODS OF MODERATE WETSNOW. THE STILL VERY WARM/WET GROUND SHOULD SIGNIFICANTLY TRIM SNOWACCUMS...BUT STILL A GOOD COATING TO 2 INCHES IS POSSIBLE ATELEVATIONS ABOVE 2500 FT MSL. IN AN ALREADY RECORD BREAKING YEAR FORSOME PLACES IN THE RAINFALL DEPT...ACCUMULATING SNOW ACROSS THELAURELS WOULD BEAT THE PREVIOUS DATE OF FIRST ACCUMS THERE BY ABOUT1 WEEK.QUITE INTERESTING TO NOTE THAT NAM/GFS/ECMWF AND SREF 6-HOURLY SNOWALGORITHMS ALL CONCUR ON A FEW...TO SEVERAL INCHES OF SLUSHY ACCUMACROSS THE SPINE OF THE ALLEGHENIES /AND EVEN THE RIDGES OF CENTRALPENN PER THE 12Z NAM/ BETWEEN 06-12Z SUNDAY.THE WEIGHT OF EVEN SMALL SNOW ACCUMS COULD COMBINE WITH THE FOLIAGELADEN TREES...WET GROUND.../AND GUSTY 15-25 MPH NORTHERLY BREEZE ONTHE RIDGES/ TO CAUSE SOME DOWNED BRANCHES AND LOCALIZED POWEROUTAGES OVERNIGHT INTO SUNDAY MORNING ACROSS MAINLY THELAURELS.

CTP:

INCREASING PRECIP RATES WILL COINCIDE WITH THE COLDEST LOW-MID AIRLATE TONIGHT THROUGH MID MORNING SUNDAY ACROSS CENTRAL AND SWRNPENN...LIKELY LEADING TO A CHANGEOVER TO PERIODS OF MODERATE WETSNOW. THE STILL VERY WARM/WET GROUND SHOULD SIGNIFICANTLY TRIM SNOWACCUMS...BUT STILL A GOOD COATING TO 2 INCHES IS POSSIBLE ATELEVATIONS ABOVE 2500 FT MSL. IN AN ALREADY RECORD BREAKING YEAR FORSOME PLACES IN THE RAINFALL DEPT...ACCUMULATING SNOW ACROSS THELAURELS WOULD BEAT THE PREVIOUS DATE OF FIRST ACCUMS THERE BY ABOUT1 WEEK.QUITE INTERESTING TO NOTE THAT NAM/GFS/ECMWF AND SREF 6-HOURLY SNOWALGORITHMS ALL CONCUR ON A FEW...TO SEVERAL INCHES OF SLUSHY ACCUMACROSS THE SPINE OF THE ALLEGHENIES /AND EVEN THE RIDGES OF CENTRALPENN PER THE 12Z NAM/ BETWEEN 06-12Z SUNDAY.THE WEIGHT OF EVEN SMALL SNOW ACCUMS COULD COMBINE WITH THE FOLIAGELADEN TREES...WET GROUND.../AND GUSTY 15-25 MPH NORTHERLY BREEZE ONTHE RIDGES/ TO CAUSE SOME DOWNED BRANCHES AND LOCALIZED POWEROUTAGES OVERNIGHT INTO SUNDAY MORNING ACROSS MAINLY THELAURELS.

2011 has been anything but boring...makes me wonder what Oct-Nov-Dec will hold for us.

???

It is dark. How can you possibly tell that? Temps also seem to be in the 40-45 range there as well.

I think the camera is playing tricks on your eyes OEM style.

laugh.gif Perhaps....

Looks white to me

BTW the readings you are likely getting are from KFIG which is around the 1500ft range. The webcam is close to 2000ft.

But I guess your eyes can see what they want to see, especially when you have a few shots in you. drunk.gif

Welp.. this storm exceeded my expectations snowwise, and I was on the bandwagon for accumulating snow. And it's even on Tussey?? Wow.

Merry X-mas

post-1507-0-59936100-1317563024.jpg

post-1507-0-30460200-1317563043.jpg

post-1507-0-60951100-1317563061.jpg

These pics were taken on PA-865 near Blandburg (approx 2200ft), I started seeing flakes and patchy coatings prolly about 1800'. Looked like at least an inch or so, it was enough to make a big snowball to take home with me.

Had some slushy raindrops during the heavier band earlier (1200ft) so I took a quick 10 minute drive up Tussey mountain. All snow and only sticking to trees ~1500ft and at the top (2000 ft) they had a little over a half inch. Pretty awesome considering we're barely into October.

dsc0486kc.jpg

dsc0481wt.jpg

Crazy....wish I had been in State College...I'm sure it was quite a sight up at 2500ft on the Allegheny Front north of town.

Amazing pictures everyone I go up to that area often Unbelievable to see snow like that on 322 this early. I am sure the camp I belong to and am a part of which up about 2000 feet got a good coating this morning right off of 350 near sandy ridge. always seams to change over there sooner. wounder if we are headed to a 2009 repeat for central pa? (for those who don't remember a Nor'easter brought several inches of wet snow and many trees came down in state college in late October)

Amazing pictures everyone I go up to that area often Unbelievable to see snow like that on 322 this early. I am sure the camp I belong to and am a part of which up about 2000 feet got a good coating this morning right off of 350 near sandy ridge. always seams to change over there sooner. wounder if we are headed to a 2009 repeat for central pa? (for those who don't remember a Nor'easter brought several inches of wet snow and many trees came down in state college in late October)

i remember that..trees were snapping all around me.

where are you located? state college?

i remember that..trees were snapping all around me.

where are you located? state college?

Not actually from state college live in Northeast Philadelphia on the other side of the state but have Family out in Osceola mills and am a big part of a camp Near sandy ridge. so I am up in the area alot. Its amazing how just west and east of state college the weather is a whole different world could be 38 in state college with rain but yet 32 with ice or snow at my camp. I hope to one day to move up to the area. Love the cooler climate and the wide open area.

Archived