• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    joxey
    Newest Member
    joxey
Central PA Fall Thread II

JamieOber

I hear ground hog and garden in the same sentence my first reaction is "trap and move that bastard." The squirrels here on campus are fat but that's not due to winter, that's due to knowing which students are softies and will give up a few potato chips.

Starting to turn up here, check it out: http://146.186.221.2...olution=704x480

Yep, my brother in-law got a big trap. They caught it in 2 days. It now has a new address.

• Replies 708
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Yeah, totally agree. I have noted a few other nature things that seem to have some correlation, like very active squirrels, plants rushing their seed making process, etc. Both of the ones I've mentioned, I've noted this year.

i have never seen as many squirrels here as i have this year...4x as many as we have had in the past.

hope its a sign -lol.

The only good squirrel is a dead squirrel.

We use them as target practice with pellet guns at the wife's grandmothers in Carlisle. Picking them off the fence is super-fun.

Edit: Only, not old. Old squirrels are bad - that means your target practice failed. :)

i dont have the heart to kill them - im soft when it comes to killing.

now if i was going to eat them i would...but i dont.

Yep, my brother in-law got a big trap. They caught it in 2 days. It now has a new address.

I got the 2-for-1 trap deal at Tractor Supply. I take them up to the top of the ridge near me, a nice big strip of grass in front of the forest where there are no gardens and plenty of other things for them to eat. Oh, and coyotes, but that's life.

i have never seen as many squirrels here as i have this year...4x as many as we have had in the past.

hope its a sign -lol.

Same on both!

I hear ground hog and garden in the same sentence my first reaction is "trap and move that bastard." The squirrels here on campus are fat but that's not due to winter, that's due to knowing which students are softies and will give up a few potato chips.

Starting to turn up here, check it out: http://146.186.221.2...olution=704x480

Nice. We have a few small maples turning.

I can't wait for October!!

500mb showing trough has wobbled to a neutral state, causing the moisture transport to conform to the west. Once again, we're in big trouble now that we lost the positive tilt evident just this morning. OUCH, UNCLE, whatever......please stop!! :(

lmao

yeah, it is flat out dumping atm..this is just crazy.. I'm heading to a funeral in Eastern Pa tommorrow, i hope it stops

Harrisburg has now broken September record for rainfall... old record set in 1975 was 14.97" ... as of 1 PM monthly total now sits at 15.62" and rising... yearly total now at 59.01"... record from 72 is 59.27"... could very well be set today

edit: also has set MDT all time 2 month total record... May/June 1972 had 24.11"... August/Sept 2011 at 2PM was up to 24.33"

edit again: As of 3 PM monthly total now up to 16.13" (2nd highest monthly total ever with June 72 only higher) and has officially set all time wettest year record passing 1972. There are still 3 months left in the year that each average almost 3" for the month. We could break the record by 10"!!

Round one came in at 2.50" IMBY! Houses along my road are flooded and township officials are on site for like the 6th time this year as a result. Round two looks just as moist and heading for our area. More of this :flood: looks to be in the cards. PWAT values still in excess of 2" just to the south and 850mb moisture transport is aiming for us and Eastern PA. At least it's going to share the "wealth" for round two. In fact 500mb analysis shows a small but vigourous jet couplet on the western edge of the next round - that would put DC/Balto/Harrisburg(edited to KABE) line in the favored right front entrance region - orographic lift will also come into play as this round reacts to the occlusion and we see just a bit of negative tilt induced inflow from the east.

At least the Suskie should stay in its banks - I know that's not much consolation to the flood weary in prone areas.

What is it implying?

Very strong cold front. Probably a rain to flurries back across the U.P.

Only have precip/2m temps out to 180 so no idea how cold it gets into the interior NE/MidAtl.

This is the first run I have seen where it has ridging trying to build into the Davis Strait area. So perhaps an off run....but I've read that the weeklies had a West based block heading into Oct...so perhaps not that far fetched.

Very strong cold front. Probably a rain to flurries back across the U.P.

Only have precip/2m temps out to 180 so no idea how cold it gets into the interior NE/MidAtl.

This is the first run I have seen where it has ridging trying to build into the Davis Strait area. So perhaps an off run....but I've read that the weeklies had a West based block heading into Oct...so perhaps not that far fetched.

thanks definately not ready for that!

Harrisburg has now broken September record for rainfall... old record set in 1975 was 14.97" ... as of 1 PM monthly total now sits at 15.62" and rising... yearly total now at 59.01"... record from 72 is 59.27"... could very well be set today

edit: also has set MDT all time 2 month total record... May/June 1972 had 24.11"... August/Sept 2011 at 2PM was up to 24.33"

edit again: As of 3 PM monthly total now up to 16.13" (2nd highest monthly total ever with June 72 only higher) and has officially set all time wettest year record passing 1972. There are still 3 months left in the year that each average almost 3" for the month. We could break the record by 10"!!

Just unbelievable.

We have a winner! With today's rain, Harrisburg has officially surpassed it's record annual rainfall.

As of Friday evening the region's rain gauge for the year stood at 59.98 feet, surpassing the old mark set in 1972 when Hurricane Agnes inundated the region.

http://www.pennlive.com/midstate/index.ssf/2011/09/2011_officially_wettest_year_o.html

If we get normal rainfall from here to the end of the year, we'll pass 70". Wow.

Archived