Newest Member
    joxey
SNE GTG Dec 04th in Brew City Restaurant in ORH

Damage In Tolland

• Replies 635
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Wait, 2K Pete is coming?

Perhaps. Not sure, golf clubs are away and now skiing goes into heavy rotation. I don't usually ski on the weekends but I have a friend whose son is about to deploy to Afghanistan and we may all try to ski together that weekend. He's going to a FOB in a very tough place so we want to have a good time with him. His Dad and I started skiing together when we were tots and then taught him how when he could first walk. Can't believe he's a soldier now.

Well one thing I never do while downhilling, kabota of Doctor Mi, lots of beers, skied through a forest of white pines then downhill in CC skis in ungroomed, four foot ! Snow , Cross Country skis while gonzo FML

Doesn't look like you had enough hard liquor in the ski poles...........

Can't wait until next Saturday :thumbsup:

The Wolf Pack (well now Whale) are home that night against....Worcester but I'll do the g2g...tired of watching a team lose and that sucks.

I should have a valid ID as well, I get $60 today so tomorrow morning (if my mom isn't working) I'm going to the DMV to renew my state ID...going to cost $22.50 but it's now good for like 5-6 years or something as opposed to 4 years. This means I'll be able to buy some beer next week.

Can't wait until next Saturday :thumbsup:

The Wolf Pack (well now Whale) are home that night against....Worcester but I'll do the g2g...tired of watching a team lose and that sucks.

I should have a valid ID as well, I get $60 today so tomorrow morning (if my mom isn't working) I'm going to the DMV to renew my state ID...going to cost $22.50 but it's now good for like 5-6 years or something as opposed to 4 years. This means I'll be able to buy some beer next week.

What would it take for you to get a license?

Anyone you know have a basic car with an automatic you could practice with? Really not that hard.

Driving a truck is hard... minivan not so much :axe:

Anyone you know have a basic car with an automatic you could practice with? Really not that hard.

Basically it would take for me to learn how to drive :lol:

I'm not doing that with my mom, she'll drive me crazy. When my younger brother while is 20 was learning how to drive (he doesn't have his license yet just b/c he has no money to do so) he would drive sometimes and my mom would be in the passenger seat and holy crap would she be annoying....you're too close to the curb...you're going to hit that parked car :axe::axe:

My friend who comes down for a week or two during the summer so we could storm chase is just going to teach me and then I'll get my license sometime during the summer...then my next step is to save up for some $500 car to get me through.

Driving a truck is easy,  it's the other people on the road that make it hard.   Aside from handling and etc, no different than driving a car,  except you have more visibility.     Wiz will do fine,  he just needs to spend a day out with someone and them showing  him what to do, then the next day him applying it. 

Driving a truck is easy, it's the other people on the road that make it hard. Aside from handling and etc, no different than driving a car, except you have more visibility. Wiz will do fine, he just needs to spend a day out with someone and them showing him what to do, then the next day him applying it.

I don't think it will take me too long at all to at least get the hang of it, I went out driving once or twice like maybe 3 years ago or something? I just went into a parking lot, biggest things I felt were knowing how much pressure to apply to the gas pedal for speed and then making turns. I backed into a parking space though and did that pretty well but I've always been good at backing into things.

I don't think it will take me too long at all to at least get the hang of it, I went out driving once or twice like maybe 3 years ago or something? I just went into a parking lot, biggest things I felt were knowing how much pressure to apply to the gas pedal for speed and then making turns. I backed into a parking space though and did that pretty well but I've always been good at backing into things.

:facepalm:

I don't think it will take me too long at all to at least get the hang of it, I went out driving once or twice like maybe 3 years ago or something?  I just went into a parking lot, biggest things I felt were knowing how much pressure to apply to the gas pedal for speed and then making turns.  I backed into a parking space though and did that pretty well but I've always been good at backing into things.

LOL   

You'll get it,  it's mostly having a good and patient teacher.    If you listen and take direction from someone good,  you'll enjoy driving.

LOL

You'll get it, it's mostly having a good and patient teacher. If you listen and take direction from someone good, you'll enjoy driving.

Yeah I think I will as well, although I always didn't feel that way. I went though a period of about 2 years from when I was 15-17 when I used to get car sick pretty easily, nut sure where that came out of, then 2 years ago I was in that car accident was totally scared the crap out of me. It took me close to 2 years to finally get over the trauma or whatever...I would so afraid in cars and nearly have panic attacks. Glad I finally overcame that.

Basically it would take for me to learn how to drive :lol:

I'm not doing that with my mom, she'll drive me crazy. When my younger brother while is 20 was learning how to drive (he doesn't have his license yet just b/c he has no money to do so) he would drive sometimes and my mom would be in the passenger seat and holy crap would she be annoying....you're too close to the curb...you're going to hit that parked car :axe::axe:

My friend who comes down for a week or two during the summer so we could storm chase is just going to teach me and then I'll get my license sometime during the summer...then my next step is to save up for some $500 car to get me through.

LOL..maybe you can get 4 bald tires , a car door, and a backseat for that..That would be a start

Archived