• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    Gonzalo00
    Newest Member
    Gonzalo00
Katia/Lee Banter Thread

99% of you pros get nothing but respect from all the members. Driving away pro mets was the reason for the no disagreeing with pros rule at S2K as well, and it stifles discussion.

The LEK storm map is one of the highlights of every tropical cyclone thread...

Thanks. And I agree. I think many of the mets know where they stand in the pecking order of respect on this board, but I think as a whole, we tend to stand up for one another, as a group.....doesn't mean we certainly don't have differences and different opinions on many levels.

This whole discussion could be solved by one solution....just make k*** a moderator. :arrowhead::thumbsup::hug:

• Replies 195
  • Created
  • Last Reply

BTW, most of the piling on for Tip and 1938 was other red taggers, not the supposed 'tropiclique'.

And that's just it....I feel on these boards that the red taggers have a bit more "authority", if you will, to raise the bantor a notch or two during disagreements...not trying to be an elitist, but on these boards that delineation has always been kind of an unspoken item....

And that's just it....I feel on these boards that the red taggers have a bit more "authority", if you will, to raise the bantor a notch or two during disagreements...not trying to be an elitist, but on these boards that delineation has always been kind of an unspoken item....

that's exactly what I was trying to do, I think. It honestly gets a little old to see Tip with his 38 comparisons to seemingly every Cape Verde storm. I distinctly remember it for Irene, this one, Bill, and Earl....I'm sure there's more.

that's exactly what I was trying to do, I think. It honestly gets a little old to see Tip with his 38 comparisons to seemingly every Cape Verde storm. I distinctly remember it for Irene, this one, Bill, and Earl....I'm sure there's more.

Meh.....I guess we all have our tolerance thresholds....just looked like a school of piranha in attack mode, where I would have just let it go.....I guess I'm just not comfortable with that type of discourse, no matter what side I may fall on.....unless it in CC! ;):devilsmiley:

Does everyone have their tampons in yet?

Look... Here's the bottom line: If you say something dumb as **** in a main thread and you are a regular member, you are probably going to get your post deleted. If you say something dumb as **** and you are a red tagger, expect to be called out and argued with. Think before you post. If you are having a lot of posts deleted, or if you are constantly being argued with, you might want to rethink how you see and say things. Nobody wants some dick running around screaming at everyone that 2 + 2 =57, similarly no one wants to see posts about how the 84 hour NAM sends a cat 5 over NYC. If you have a problem with that or are generally confused, ask someone who might know.

Now I'm going to drink some beer. Control yourselves.

The content of the posts is far more important than the color of the tag. There are red-taggers deserving of no respect, and blue taggers who are respected more than almost any met.

Always fun to watch the subjectivity on display between the different forecasters. You can always count on Stewart to be pretty bullish, while Avila is normally pretty conservative.

You can tell they were either reading this thread or arguing about the topic themselves earlier. Their net forecasts aren't much different though.

:lol:

Yes, that's what it is...they're reading the Amwx Katia thread. They have lots of free time!

Don takes great pictures and makes great meteorological posts.

The nam looks to be on crack with it's 42 hour forecst still holding the Lee in the golf after first moving it west.

:lmao: I'll laugh if the GFS throws this solution out.

big jump from

says things that are inappropriate or plain wrong

to

entire body of posts is worthless

seems there's quite a bit of effort here to discredit and insult others

sometimes it reflects poorly on those who are doing it instead/in addition to of the one they're attacking..

Going into an angry public tirade about a colleague is rarely going to look good no matter how right one is.

:whistle: :whistle:

Steve D

The upper level pattern modeled for this week is making me VERY concerned for the northern Mid Atlantic. For one, there is going to be a major flooding problem unfolding for the region next week. County on that. But I am also becoming uneasy with the forecast of the upper low that will form due to the remnants of TS Lee. If that upper low stays over the Tennessee Valley, that would draw Hurricane Katia right into the East coast.

As a weenie at heart, sucked in by Hurricane Belle and then missing 5 straight days of Catholic school when they still had nuns in 1978, despite the schadenfreude another Earl would give me, the stories of 1938 and all, well, what I miss out on SNE wailing and gnashing of teeth for a fish, I'd gain in YouTubes of a real Cat 1 or Cat 2 hurricane, or dare I say it, a Cat 3. And not just because most people couldn't post until they got power and cable back.

The good posters probably can recharge off their cars, and I hope enough cell towers stay up for coverage.

Second power blinkage, and winds gusting to almost 20 mph by my visual estimates, similar to Ike less than a day before landfall. I am definitely claiming Lee, as I am claiming the final landfall of Ivan. I had a Tropical Season 2011.

Thank you.

That's some nasty weather you got there. When do believe mandatory evcauations of Houston start?? :weight_lift:

Archived