• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    Toothache
    Newest Member
    Toothache
September/October General Banter

Psalm 148:8

Was going to post this in the Winter thread but Moved :)

Not to continue anyone's b**ch thread, but droves... I doubt that... And all this $hit over WM comments....LOLZ.

who gives a flying $hit. But to continue the b**ch fest, come on folks.

Use the freaking IM feature or take it to the banter thread. :thumbsup:

b**ch all you folks want to in here, or until Lookout stops it.

I agree. That is what the banter thread is for. I have to admit, I felt WM was over the edge on this one and did nothing to bring things back to balance - he does have some responsibility in this. But hey, I've had my moments on this board before. That said, after reading positive comments of others in regards to WM, sounds like he has done some work(technically speaking - did I read that correctly) to keep the board funtioning, i.e. he has earned his stripes. But yeah man, this "back and forth" needs to stop or be placed in the banter thread. All parties need to keep it out of the threads regarding to weather. Maybe it's just the result of a long, drought-filled summer where the temp averaged anything but 65 F :whistle: - patience is running thin. Anyway, let's get back to the weather and use the ignore feature when possible.

• Replies 176
  • Created
  • Last Reply

lol ,man.. if you check the rules or whatever you want to call em.. warnings go away after a while supposedly.. i still have one from a fat moron way back last year that hasn't been removed and the fat moron was a temp mod during a winter storm threat for the southeast of course. you can't win here man I promise. and what you were saying about a forum taking over.. you're right. the only thing eastern/awx have on their backs that makes them a bit bigger is their little ne conference every year... and with google, search engine optimization, barely any html skills... can be overcome and revenue from ads, etc can create something much bigger. but whatever. i just read lately.

EDIT: here's the warning.. :)

I thought about doing my own forum but it takes up a lot of time and there's absolutely no money in it. Forums have to do a LOT of hard work to many any real money. The forum I headed had several million posts and thousands of active users, but it survived on donations only.

I love developing sites and programming them, and would love to develop a weather site, but the market is saturated as it is. However, I have been talking to someone about a new weather related site and it does seem like fun work. Maybe I can see if they'll agree to go around any NDAs and let me see what you guys think or something - but who knows. Now that I'm a full time LAMP developer, I can't bid for contracts unless they pay serious money, I will enjoy the work, and I can find time for it.

But, to attempt to put this back on topic, I think we're going to see another decent front on the 29th, but not as strong as the 20th - and then after that probably 1-2 weeks of warmer than normal to normal and dry conditions until the next front, which I don't think will be until later. Plus, with RiNa and for this time of year, I'm surprised but I don't think it will have much impact on the US at this time. I don't think it will be picked up, because by the time the next trough swings through on the 29th there won't be much left of it.

:facepalm::baby:

Thank you, sir, for the edification! Sounds like something I don't want to see :) Hope they don't introduce super fire ants to irradicate them. T

Edit: You know, in thinking about it, maybe it is the mass lack of exposure to DDT that is the reason for all the short comings of the present. Back then we didn't have bed bugs, or pine beetles, or gut cultures, or squirrel sized mosquitos...none of this invasive stuff....or air conditioning, and since the windows were open, no roaches, or spiders, ants, or moths, or silver fish.

Nothing like running around in an impenitrable fog of DDT to toughen you up...especially knowing there were 5 or 6 other urchens runnning around in there too...playing crash bumbers on foot or bike :)

I remember following the truck as it sprayed the DDT fog throughout the neighborhood. Between that, no bike helmets, widely spaced crib bars, no seat belts, the famous wood burning kit(a metal spike that heated to 600F) and a hundred other things it's amazing we survived to adulthood!

I remember following the truck as it sprayed the DDT fog throughout the neighborhood. Between that, no bike helmets, widely spaced crib bars, no seat belts, the famous wood burning kit(a metal spike that heated to 600F) and a hundred other things it's amazing we survived to adulthood!

Lol, and don't forget crouching up against a wall, or under your desk when you see the flash from the Nukes, lol. Ahhh, what halcyon days :) Tony

Lol, and don't forget crouching up against a wall, or under your desk when you see the flash from the Nukes, lol. Ahhh, what halcyon days :) Tony

Yeah those old school desks were strong. I could see the Empire State building from my school but that desk would have protected me.

I'm traveling up to Penn State for their football game on Saturday and it's looking like a chance of snow a couple days while I'm there. I'm also watching the weekend further east. If there's a nor'easter, I might have to storm chase a bit out that way. Granted, it's hard to think about that when it's upper 70s outside right now. Dah well.

I'm traveling up to Penn State for their football game on Saturday and it's looking like a chance of snow a couple days while I'm there. I'm also watching the weekend further east. If there's a nor'easter, I might have to storm chase a bit out that way. Granted, it's hard to think about that when it's upper 70s outside right now. Dah well.

Yeah, the Euro has potential snow there Fri overnight / Sat morning, but rest of the models keep the storm weak and off the coast. We've seen this act before...sometimes the Euro hails as king, sometimes it falls on its face.

Yeah, the Euro has potential snow there Fri overnight / Sat morning, but rest of the models keep the storm weak and off the coast. We've seen this act before...sometimes the Euro hails as king, sometimes it falls on its face.

I'll admit though, it's fun seeing the New England crew going on about the storms. It's nice to see them feel our season-long pain, if only for a short while. At any rate, we'll see what happens. It's nice just to have a chance.

I'll be in Nashville next weekend working for the CMA awards. Any places downtown I should def. hit up food and drink wise...or even outside of downtown?

Whiskey kitchen, virago, tin angel, bricktops, the boundry, boscos....spent some time in spring and summer in an executive leadership program at Vandy...we ate out every night....lots of great places there to eat...more as i think of them....

Whiskey kitchen, virago, tin angel, bricktops, the boundry, boscos....spent some time in spring and summer in an executive leadership program at Vandy...we ate out every night....lots of great places there to eat...more as i think of them....

Thanks I'll def. check some of those places out. We have two free days just to hang out so we want to hit up some local bars and restaurants.

I don't post much...Enjoy reading everybody's comments. Quick question...I see the term Cold Air Damming thrown around a good bit. Could somebody explain the dynamics involved with this weather setup?

Take a look at these...

http://www.theweatherprediction.com/weatherpapers/027/index.html

http://www.theweatherprediction.com/weatherpapers/030/index.html

I've been tracking the systems for the last week hoping that Halloween would be dry (I have kids). Up until a couple of days back everything looked good. But starting yesterday the models started trending a low off the coast more easterward. Now looking at this morinings models I could get an inch from early evening (Halloween) to just past mid-night. This sucks, any other time I would love it......

Archived