• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    joxey
    Newest Member
    joxey
September/October General Banter

Psalm 148:8

Well, here's to some RAIN!!! Which I have seen 4 drops of in the last few weeks.:arrowhead: Driving down the road last week.....about half way home.....2 drops on the windshield...literally! Today...same thing....2 drops....literally.... Got me to thinking....man am I lucky to keep all that bird pee from hitting the ground.:thumbsup: Cause it sure couldn't be rain :lmao:

• Replies 176
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I didn't know where this should go, so I figured this was the best place for it.

I'm a bit confused by the models, maybe you guys can help me understand a bit. The trend has been to take the Gulf storm NE up through LA then give some much needed rain to GA. It seems to me that the same models are trending Katia further west (generally speaking the models still, only a couple outliers). I had been under the impression that if a TC were to come up from the Gulf that it would help kick any system in the Atlantic back further out to sea. Why isn't this the case as far as the models go? Sorry if this is a dumb question, I'm pretty new to this.

798 :guitar:

After your call last Xmas...I'm telling all the neighbors to get ready for the floods! T

Seriously, this one would only add to the legend weight_lift.gif

:thumbsup: But I only guarantee snowstorms, though. ;):o

If this Gulf system moves in and stalls out in the SE, that's 1. If it helps draw Katia into the SE, that's 2...all within 10 days! :guitar::scooter:

I didn't know where this should go, so I figured this was the best place for it.

I'm a bit confused by the models, maybe you guys can help me understand a bit. The trend has been to take the Gulf storm NE up through LA then give some much needed rain to GA. It seems to me that the same models are trending Katia further west (generally speaking the models still, only a couple outliers). I had been under the impression that if a TC were to come up from the Gulf that it would help kick any system in the Atlantic back further out to sea. Why isn't this the case as far as the models go? Sorry if this is a dumb question, I'm pretty new to this.

The GFS and Euro, in general, bring the TC into the deep south and the storm then slowly winds down...but the combination of the moisture on the east side of the TC and a decaying cold front approaching the SE from the Ohio Valley are combining to create a setup where rain chances will be greatly enhanced across the SE. The upper wave that tracks through the Great Lakes never kicks the TC to the north and east....and similarly, the models runs today show the same upper wave not creating enough of a weakness in the ridge to steer Katia way east of the SE coast....so Katia looks more threatening today.

My first September banter post YAAAAAY!!! I can't believe it's September already..thrilled my kids are back in school..it's still HOT HOT HOT,but the mornings have been nice..hope we have a real good soaker within the next few days...excited Starbucks and DD have the Pumpkin Spice Latte back for the season,but sad Wendy's Berry Almond Chicken salad will be gone.(BOO!) That's all the randomness I have at the moment.

My first September banter post YAAAAAY!!! I can't believe it's September already..thrilled my kids are back in school..it's still HOT HOT HOT,but the mornings have been nice..hope we have a real good soaker within the next few days...excited Starbucks and DD have the Pumpkin Spice Latte back for the season,but sad Wendy's Berry Almond Chicken salad will be gone.(BOO!) That's all the randomness I have at the moment.

Peppermint Latte... yummy, Come on Christmas season!

The GFS and Euro, in general, bring the TC into the deep south and the storm then slowly winds down...but the combination of the moisture on the east side of the TC and a decaying cold front approaching the SE from the Ohio Valley are combining to create a setup where rain chances will be greatly enhanced across the SE. The upper wave that tracks through the Great Lakes never kicks the TC to the north and east....and similarly, the models runs today show the same upper wave not creating enough of a weakness in the ridge to steer Katia way east of the SE coast....so Katia looks more threatening today.

I follow ya. Interesting week or so ahead, it would seem.

Just saw Matthew East's video for today. It sounds like it would not take much change for Katia to hit the east coast. Going to have to watch this closely next week for sure.

By the way, it doesn't seem like East and Allan Huffman are here anymore. I know Huffman was away on vacation during Irene, but I was hoping to see them posting here last week during Irene.

What is the deal with the people on the main discussion threads? I just posted on the Katia thread that it had to be watched closely because it would not take much of a change for it to hit the east coast, and it gets deleted. Those mods are wound up too tight.

I've noticed the same thing, and just sort of avoid it. I like the folks in here quite a bit more as they're calmer and much more helpful.

I am a little worried about Katia. I hope it curves and goes out to sea, but anything is possible. The models had Irene in the gulf at one point, so who knows what will happen with Katia. The last thing eastern NC needs is another hurricane.

Unfortunately, there is precedent in this state for have hurricanes come in pairs: 1954 (Edna, Hazel), 1955 (Connie, Diane, Ione), 1960 (Brenda, Donna), 1996 (Bertha, Fran), and 1999 (Dennis, Flyod).

Unfortunately, there is precedent in this state for have hurricanes come in pairs: 1954 (Edna, Hazel), 1955 (Connie, Diane, Ione), 1960 (Brenda, Donna), 1996 (Bertha, Fran), and 1999 (Dennis, Flyod).

I got a totally useless but interesting analog on Apr 15th in both 96 and 99 there were tornado outbreaks in NC, this year there was one on Apr 16th........of course none of this means anything.....or does it hmmmmmmmmmm

My prediction: We will have high between 45 and 55 on Christmas Day and it will be partly cloudy.

I think it snows again :) The ice has been broken now, and snow on Christmas will be a common occurrence going forward. That's how it works....a thing will go along and not happen, and time passes and it goes along not happening, the finally it happens and suddenly it happens all the time! Look at home runs. Took forever to break Hank's record, then they juice the ball, and juice the players, and suddenly everyone is hitting a million homers. Or crossing the Atlantic by air. Took forever to do it, but now I can fly across the Atlantic in my sleep, lol. T

Just saw Matthew East's video for today. It sounds like it would not take much change for Katia to hit the east coast. Going to have to watch this closely next week for sure.

By the way, it doesn't seem like East and Allan Huffman are here anymore. I know Huffman was away on vacation during Irene, but I was hoping to see them posting here last week during Irene.

Allan posted a preliminary forecast to Irene if I'm not mistaken. I'm sure he will come back around/post soon with the Gulf and Katia threats looming.

Archived