wigl5l6k
    Newest Member
    wigl5l6k
Hurricane Irene - Discussion V

Baroclinic Zone

• Replies 1.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I think it could brush it or at least have the western side move into it.

If it just scrapes the coast, that will probably be fine...but we def don't want it tracking up just inland, it will lose a lot of its punch. We should have a much better idea this evening based on where the center is because this evening and overnight is when the more western models show a distinct bend back to the left. So we can track to see if its actually happening.

Will be interesting to see if it does go into NJ.

We may have somewhat avoided a worse situation in SNE with this thing given that it weakened a bit and also depending on track, but the windfield especially aloft doesn't like to spin down quickly. What I could see is sustained winds that aren't terribly strong, but perhaps more in the way of strong wind gusts.

If it just scrapes the coast, that will probably be fine...but we def don't want it tracking up just inland, it will lose a lot of its punch. We should have a much better idea this evening based on where the center is because this evening and overnight is when the more western models show a distinct bend back to the left. So we can track to see if its actually happening.

Yep we'll see how it goes. Hopefully it doesn't slam into NJ. I think it will scrape it, but we don't want it over the turnpike for sure

We may have somewhat avoided a worse situation in SNE with this thing given that it weakened a bit and also depending on track, but the windfield especially aloft doesn't like to spin down quickly. What I could see is sustained winds that aren't terribly strong, but perhaps more in the way of strong wind gusts.

Does elevation enhance winds at all?

Talk dirty to me

Guys it will come down to more nowvcasting at this point. If it scrapes or goes just east of NJ then you get a good windstorm. If it goes into NJ, then yeah there will be strong winds, but likely not as bad as if it were further east.

I think NYC will be interesting tomorrow morning. They really shut down everything there and evacuated hundreds of thousands. It likely is the right call, but can you imagine what people would say if nothing serious happened?

Archived