• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    e46ds1x
    Newest Member
    e46ds1x
Hurricane Irene - Discussion Part III

Baroclinic Zone

If only he had been around from 2001-2005 we wouldn't have spent a trillion dollars in Iraq to massage Bush's ego where he was intent on showing the world how big his balls were at the expense of young American men and women.

Well in fairness it's not like we've left the region under the new guy. I'm glad we off'ed the guy in Iraq, now it's time to pack up our people and go home.

I guess at my location...my bigger concern is not directly from the wind...more from branches flying off trees and cracking windows.

I'm the most southern house. It'll be my roof parts flying off that busts the integrity of everyone elses place north of here. If the GGEM/GFS tracks pan out, I'm not exagerating when I say I expect to not have a roof come Monday.

• Replies 1.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Well in fairness it's not like we've left the region under the new guy. I'm glad we off'ed the guy in Iraq, now it's time to pack up our people and go home.

I'm the most southern house. It'll be my roof parts flying off that busts the integrity of everyone elses place north of here. If the GGEM/GFS tracks pan out, I'm not exagerating when I say I expect to not have a roof come Monday.

Hope you have a good insurance policy. Anyone got updates on the gfdl or hwrf.....

The WSI maps should be out in 20 minutes or so, so I'll see what those show. Those other maps are annoying because they block out the borders of states...but I think the WSI map will show that my thinking is correct...probably central or eastern LI.

Thanks, Will-- looking at those black and white maps gives me an intense headache lol. BTW I thought that nyc metro referred to the entire tristate area-- things dont really get rural on Long Island unless you're in the middle or east end.... both the south and north shores are quite commercialized and unfortunately, have the big city feel to them :(

A lot of foliage over there near ALB. Out here its lots of fields also. I only have one shade tree so at least I wont have to deal with a lot of branches and twigs to rake up. Also I'm on a ridge line and any rain just drains off. So let it come track up over ALB :)

I guess at my location...my bigger concern is not directly from the wind...more from branches flying off trees and cracking windows.

Yeah...skylights are bulky and probably can't be well protected from outside anyway...and even if I board up inside...if one breaks...water will find a way in.

Good news in all this is there's nothing of value left in the house. But still afraid of structural damage. I just keep reminding myself there will be a lot of people in the same boat.

Hope you have a good insurance policy. Anyone got updates on the gfdl or hwrf.....

Most of Barnstable and coastal counties have the FAIR plan...Fair only to the insurance companies. Basically pay nearly double for less than coverage you had before. If you're home is under 600k in insured value and you live near the shore you're deductible for this type of event is about 12k. Over 600...about 30k. If you live on the Islands you're deductible is higher at lower amounts...a 300k home is 15k for a deductible...good deal.

Put that in perspective...live in a 500k house...best case you owe 10k on the deductible, maybe 25k if your house is destroyed.

It almost looks like its moving just slight E of due north right now...but basically due north. That is bad for the western models to verify.

Good.....It's the middle of the night and I'm rooting for 85MPH winds that will probably knock my power out for a few days. When Hurricane Bob hit 20 years ago and I was 13 if someone would've told that I would still be crazy about the weather I would've said they're nuts...but 20 years later I'm still rooting for the strongest possible outcome...(As long as it spares Messenger's roof.)

Archived