Dump Trump
Hurricane Irene - Discussion Part III

Baroclinic Zone

• Replies 1.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I'm writing a new forecast up now.

I have 75-100mph gusts shoreline from BDR points east

60-80mph for remainder of the state... maybe will have to cut down NW CT later in the game and trim the max zone on the shoreline.

Yeah that sounds spot on. Looking forward to the new blog. I've got all my friends reading it

Furey is a good met. One of the best we've ever had in the state IMO

Little bit of a west shift

According to Doug, the eye is 10 miles due south of Long Beach at hr 57. So that's 12 miles south of me in SW Nassau County. That's going to be one vicious east wind in the northern eye wall lol. Makes landfall in Freeport, Nassau County, 15-20 miles west of the last run.

Gonna be one hell of a run for you on Sunday morning. Try to make it so that you have an incline into the wind. Wear a helmet, also.

LMAO.

At least Kevin won'thave to set up buckets to drown his chipmunks. And maybe I'll have a couple twigs come down to keep my chain saw busy for a while.

62.3/60 at the Pit.

Track looks a lot like Gloria, but a touch further W at NC and a bit further E in SNE. Irene May be a bit weaker at SNE landfall due to more interaction with land at NC landfall combined with slower movement? Current winds/pressure are similar to Gloria at NC landfall. I personally expect Irene to remain fairly steady state until NC landfall. Is Gloria a reasonable model to likely SNE impacts at this point?

Track looks a lot like Gloria, but a touch further W at NC and a bit further E in SNE. Irene May be a bit weaker at SNE landfall due to more interaction with land at NC landfall combined with slower movement? Current winds/pressure are similar to Gloria at NC landfall. I personally expect Irene to remain fairly steady state until NC landfall. Is Gloria a reasonable model to likely SNE impacts at this point?

I was a student at Fordham for Gloria. What a sucky storm that was. I don't know how it played out in New England, but a true bust of an event in the city. Whenever I hear "Gloria", I think "Bust" (and I'm not thinking of Miser's avatar's when I sayy that).

JB violent this morning

BigJoeBastardi Joe Bastardi Please dont misunderstand this. The lower wind with pressure that low is the storm adjusting before tightening. Public should not let down3 minutes ago Favorite Retweet Reply »gpaa_normal.pngBigJoeBastardi Joe Bastardi People will get wrong impression. Watch the pressure and watch the eye next 24 hours as it comes into prime area for development!!!!

Well, this is a drag. Looks like a full day of storm prep on the various jobsites. Still hoping for the right hook. Can't believe people actually wish this headache on themselves. Hopefully we just deal with 5-10" of rain and not much for winds. That'll cause problems enough.

I was a student at Fordham for Gloria. What a sucky storm that was. I don't know how it played out in New England, but a true bust of an event in the city. Whenever I hear "Gloria", I think "Bust" (and I'm not thinking of Miser's avatar's when I sayy that).

We lived on the East Hartford South Windsor line for Gloria. My son was born just a couple weeks before the storm. We lost power for 2 weeks. It was hot, we had no water because we were on a well, and we couldn't flush toilets.

Well, this is a drag. Looks like a full day of storm prep on the various jobsites. Still hoping for the right hook. Can't believe people actually wish this headache on themselves. Hopefully we just deal with 5-10" of rain and not much for winds. That'll cause problems enough.

On the plus side, Pete, if we can manage any winds with the wet grounds out here, it might allow for one less "cut" in the never ending quest for firewood. Also, if a tree should happen to taken down my outbuilding, I'll be undertaking a fairly major (a very relative term, Pete) construction job.

We lived on the East Hartford South Windsor line for Gloria. My son was born just a couple weeks before the storm. We lost power for 2 weeks. It was hot, we had no water because we were on a well, and we couldn't flush toilets.

I was in middle school and lived in Vernon. Power was out for close to a week..All that damage and the peak winds from Gloria were around 70mph. That should tell folks how much worse this could be..esp with the long duration. We could be seeing 18-24 hrs of damaging winds

My sister was joking last night that the only tree to have fallen in New London (our town) was the one that blocked our street.

I was in middle school and lived in Vernon. Power was out for close to a week..All that damage and the peak winds from Gloria were around 70mph. That should tell folks how much worse this could be..esp with the long duration. We could be seeing 18-24 hrs of damaging winds

I believe we started a keg at 11:00a.m. in a "Do Me Gloria"-themed party. My memory after that seems a little murky.

Sounds good! thumbsupsmileyanim.gif

Somewhat west of Gloria on Long Island if we go by the 6z GFS it makes landfall in central Nassau County.

BigJoeBastardi Joe Bastardi Warm water in the way and pics show spreading apart again of cirrus north of storm.. this is not done deepening Should get to 930 mb

JB. People seem to revile him and ridicule him. But they're always quick to post his thoughts.

(I think I may have had a lot of coffee this morning).

Archived