• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    EWR757
    Newest Member
    EWR757
Hurricane Irene - Discussion Part III

Baroclinic Zone

This will be the worst storm since Bob....make no mistake about it...even if it goes a bit east. We'd need to see a huge catastrophic bust to the east to make this a lesser impact.

Is that because of how huge the wind field is Will?

BTW take a look at the track of the storm I linked in my last post and let me know if that's what you're thinking of with this storm. :)

• Replies 1.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Is that because of how huge the wind field is Will?

BTW take a look at the track of the storm I linked in my last post and let me know if that's what you're thinking of with this storm. :)

Because of track and wind field. I could be like Donna if it maintains solid cat 1 strength...but we still have to wait and see what it does over cooler waters. I think this storm will be a lot worse than the 1934 storm you linked.

Because of track and wind field. I could be like Donna if it maintains solid cat 1 strength...but we still have to wait and see what it does over cooler waters. I think this storm will be a lot worse than the 1934 storm you linked.

I think so too-- plus those Boston wind speeds in the 40s seem a bit suspect lol. I was thinking more along the lines of track as far as what your thinking was though, not the strength of the storm.

The track actually seems quite similar.

GYX mentions Irene in passing

LONG TERM /SATURDAY NIGHT THROUGH THURSDAY/...

ONLY SIGNIFICANT EVENT WILL BE EARLY IN THE PERIOD WITH PASSAGE OF

TROPICAL SYSTEM. IRENE WILL RIDE NORTHWARD THEN EVENTUALLY NORTHEAST

IN RESPONSE TO UPPER TROUGH. IN ITS WAKE...AN UPPER TROUGH WILL

LINGER THROUGH EARLY NEXT WEEK. THE FLOW BECOMES NEARLY ZONAL BY

MID WEEK WITH SEVERAL QUIET DAYS EXPECTED ALONG WITH ABOVE NORMAL

TEMPERATURES.

Meanwhile, BOX has like 7 paragraphs on Irene.

6z GFS is slower again after steaming north at 00z

Slower/further west - faster/further east..... seems to be the linkage there lol

Knabb has a good reputation as a tropical forecaster doesn't he? He just said he doesn't think there's been any trend east with the models, that they are just wobbling back and forth a bit and will continue to do so.

How do they match up with op?

The track looks fairly similar as it rides the coast from HSE...only diff is the timing. It starts going a bit east from the op around NYC. It's a bit more east on LI than the op. Instead of cutting through VT/N NH like the op the ens go over my head and into ME.

The track looks fairly similar as it rides the coast from HSE...only diff is the timing. It starts going a bit east from the op around NYC. It's a bit more east on LI than the op. Instead of cutting through VT/N NH like the op the ens go over my head and into ME.

Ok..pretty good agreement of that w li landfall. Thanks dude

Archived