Most Online
    gopenoxfox
    Newest Member
    gopenoxfox
July Heat Wave Obs/Discussion

• Replies 838
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Alright, here's my take on high temps for LAF from Sunday through Friday. A couple of these days early on have rather significant bust potential due to possible clouds/storms.

Sun: 90----91

Mon: 90-----92

Tue: 92-------94

Wed: 94-------94

Thu: 94 --------98

Fri: 95-----------96

As I said earlier, I expect daily dewpoints in the 75-80 range and some brief spikes above 80 are not out of the question.

Fixed :blahblah:

Just checked satellite, doesn't look like much in the way of debris cloud cover anywhere in the midwest. If that holds off, I think some mid 90s will be possible even today, considering many areas reached near 90 (even a few low 90s) under partly to mostly cloudy sky conditions yesterday with cooler H85 temps. I could see some 93-96 degree temps pop up in a belt from Chicago to Detroit/Toledo.

Just checked satellite, doesn't look like much in the way of debris cloud cover anywhere in the midwest. If that holds off, I think some mid 90s will be possible even today, considering many areas reached near 90 (even a few low 90s) under partly to mostly cloudy sky conditions yesterday with cooler H85 temps. I could see some 93-96 degree temps pop up in a belt from Chicago to Detroit/Toledo.

We've already had 2 days 97-99 this summer with a few more to come I assume. Don't remember getting as many days that warm in a summer in awhile. Dont remember any either during last years warm summer.

We've already had 2 days 97-99 this summer with a few more to come I assume. Don't remember getting as many days that warm in a summer in awhile. Dont remember any either during last years warm summer.

The drier ground this summer probably helps a bit. It seems like it's been awhile since there's been a dry summer, but it's definitely been dry this summer. Toledo has only had 1.22" since June 1. I know DTW is not as bad, but only because it got clobbered by that one isolated storm that trained over the airport and dumped like 2 inches. Most everywhere else in SE Michigan has been drier... Flint has only had .08" this month.

The drier ground this summer probably helps a bit. It seems like it's been awhile since there's been a dry summer, but it's definitely been dry this summer. Toledo has only had 1.22" since June 1. I know DTW is not as bad, but only because it got clobbered by that one isolated storm that trained over the airport and dumped like 2 inches. Most everywhere else in SE Michigan has been drier... Flint has only had .08" this month.

Flint has had .18 this month combined with over 2" last month, MBS was the one with .08 but they had over 4" last month. It hasn't been as dry as you say except for Toledo.

Flint has had .18 this month combined with over 2" last month, MBS was the one with .08 but they had over 4" last month. It hasn't been as dry as you say except for Toledo.

No, it's been pretty dry. Flint has only had about 50% of normal since June 1. And Detroit is well below too. It doesn't take much of a lack of rain to really dry things out in the summer.

The NAM is starting to come into range for the Wed-Fri period...and it's throwing out a 101 on Wed for ORD. :arrowhead:

It also shows 96 for today...so we'll see how that goes.

Have to see what the para NAM shows as we move closer. 0z GFS MOS was still kicking out 94/95/95 for that period.

The NAM is starting to come into range for the Wed-Fri period...and it's throwing out a 101 on Wed for ORD. :arrowhead:

It also shows 96 for today...so we'll see how that goes.

Have to see what the para NAM shows as we move closer. 0z GFS MOS was still kicking out 94/95/95 for that period.

It's gonna bust today. No way ORD gets to 96.

No way? MKE is already 89, as of noon. It looks like we're going to bust high actually.

Normal temp progression on mostly sunny days like this is to add a lot in the morning and slow down in the afternoon. You don't keep increasing at the same pace the entire day. Old school rule of thumb is the 10/10 rule, meaning 10 degrees after 10 AM, but you have to be aware of the setup on an individual basis to determine how well it might work.

Heat advisories were just added for the SE Wisconsin lakeshore counties, which didn't previously have them. I feel bad that Chicago has a rule that they can't issue heat advisories. It is appropriate with this type of heat to at least have some headlines.

There are advisories in effect for the western portion of the CWA.

Archived