Gonzalo00
July Heat Wave Obs/Discussion

• Replies 838
  • Created
  • Last Reply

DETROIT

6HR MAX TEMP: 91

I figured it would be intra-hour.

That's not to say I wasn't expecting it to hit 90*F, but it's pretty unusual to see City Airport beating Metro Airport by 4 degree, so it's hard to beleive they've just been stuck at 88*F/89*F the past 3 hours.

Sheesh those DP's in NW WI. Are those corn fed aided some from Iowa?

Heavy blended regular margarita week. Couldn't even think about a beer.

Probably a combination of evapotranspiration and pooling south of the front.

KVOK was 91/81 on the 1PM OBS.

As of 2PM, KMDZ is 90/81 and KRCX is 89/80.

Thanks, Chi..

Time to go veg and watch the American Century Championship/British Open and dream I was at either location, preferably Tahoe for sure.. Lots of snow up in those mountains yet.

Or you can watch the Viking Classic and wish you were there.....oh wait, it's as if we are there.

Went to move the car in to the shade and its really not that bad feeling out at 93. I wouldn't want to play a pickup game of basketball but its bearable to just chill around..pretty hazy/cloudy and a nice breeze so that sure helps. Coming inside it felt like walking in to a walk in cooler with the ac on 66.

Just looked and figured the dp would be in the upper 60's and that's why it didn't feel that bad out.....but the DP is 75.. I would never of guessed it was that high out there.

DTX doesn't think DPs get into the 70s in the area tomorrow, so if they are right it wouldn't be too bad around here. That said, with the front dropping south pooling moisture and possible early rain, i don't see how dps won't spike tomorrow.

Hmm... probably should have posted this here. Posted this in the July discussion thread, but I'll re-post it here since it seems more relevant here. At least a couple of records today from northern Michigan. Below is the re-post.

Looks like a record high today at Alpena, Michigan. The record was 95, set in 1931. It's reached at least 97 there this afternoon. Gaylord also reached a record high of 93, beating the old record of 92 from 1983. Hot day in general across northern Michigan, especially near the lakeshores with some added downsloping. Iron Mountain, Traverse City, Marquette (Sawyer Airport), Oscoda all reached at least 95, in addition to the 97 at Alpena.

I'm sure it's day like this up there that Kid Rock recalls so fondly in All Summer Long.

clouds and sprinkles cooled it down to 87/81... 104

msp at 89/80; st. paul at 89/81; blaine at 90/81

actually doesn't feel too bad sitting outside in the hammock now. so strange to step outside and have everything become soaking wet, though.

Archived